Surging home insurance costs could force families to leave these 10 states (OK is one)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The escalating costs and new additional specifications to comply with policy requirements for rural property owners may be a strategy devised by financiers and other entities to force people to out of their homes.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just called Geico and maybe I’m getting a better deal than I think. The renewal notice is for $3,750.00 with Great Northwest and Geico just quoted me $5,000.00.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These companies are justifying the current trend demanding enormous rate increases based on estimates stipulated to cover complete replacement of existing structures at current costs for supplies and construction. State Farm refused to write me a policy for coverage far below the existing value of a home that I own outright. I suspect that there is some collusion between the banking and insurance industries because this kind of policy structure only serves these two entities. People can be driven out of their homes and off their land by taxation; squeezed out by increasing the mortgage payment costs in variable rate loans; forcibly removed under eminent domain; and by foreclosure when a mortgagee is unable to comply with loan stipulations that require insurance coverage they find themselves unable to afford; or, perhaps due to changes in policy structures subsequent to back room agreements between insurance companies which are very probably submitting to pressure from foreign and domestic financial institutions (underwriters) investing in land and properties that hold real value. I can hear the echoes of gravelly voices whispering in dimly lit rooms clouded in cigar smoke, “Why, business hasn’t been this easy since we stole the land from the Indians!”.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These companies are justifying the current trend demanding enormous rate increases based on estimates stipulated to cover complete replacement of existing structures at current costs for supplies and construction. State Farm refused to write me a policy for coverage far below the existing value of a home that I own outright. I suspect that there is some collusion between the banking and insurance industries because this kind of policy structure only serves these two entities. People can be driven out of their homes and off their land by taxation; squeezed out by increasing the mortgage payment costs in variable rate loans; forcibly removed under eminent domain; and by foreclosure when a mortgagee is unable to comply with loan stipulations that require insurance coverage they find themselves unable to afford; or, perhaps due to changes in policy structures subsequent to back room agreements between insurance companies which are very probably submitting to pressure from foreign and domestic financial institutions (underwriters) investing in land and properties that hold real value. I can hear the echoes of gravelly voices whispering in dimly lit rooms clouded in cigar smoke, “Why, business hasn’t been this easy since we stole the land from the Indians!”.

Well, I've seen both sides of that story. Mostly in commercial property but there's all sorts of commercial property out there that is insured for way less of it's value or what it would take to replace. In a perfect world this should be just fine. The problem is that these property owners tend to sue after they get pissy with the check they get from insurance company in a total loss, even though the value is agreed upon by both parties. I've seen it happen multiple times.

Latest posts

Top Bottom