Tactical Choke???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hampton

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just purchased a Remington M887 Tactical shotgun. I bought it for a close range, brush coyote gun. The 18" barrell is perfect for maneuvering in close quarters and the 3 1/2 magnum gets the job done. It comes with a "tactical" choke. It has a wicked looking end on it similar to a hole saw bit. Is this what makes it "tactical?" How does it compare to a full choke? It will be used in brush and for distances 40 yards and closer.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The thing on the end is for special munitions like ceramic door breaker rounds and I believe the teeth are to help with glass breaking.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That hole saw thingy is a breecher...the latest tacticool rage.... like your going to be blowing a lot of door hinges off. The saw teeth let the pressure out when the muzzle is held very close to the door frame

I guess those come in handy if you locked your keys in.

Hampton

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks! Guess I'll be ordering the Carlson's Dead Coyote Choke Tube. Claims it will put 17 T pellets in a 10" circle at 70 yards. Anyone have one?

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks! Guess I'll be ordering the Carlson's Dead Coyote Choke Tube. Claims it will put 17 T pellets in a 10" circle at 70 yards. Anyone have one?

I think I'll have to see that preformance to believe it. I have messed with shotguns for a lot of years, and think the ten inch circle at 70 yards is a physical impossibility.

I would be delighted to be proved incorrect . . . . CB

fire65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought the 887 also. I ask my dealer what the saw tooth thing was. It is in fact a door breacher, with the proper rounds. It will unscrew, BUT he said do not shoot it without it or it will ruin the thread in the barrel.
Now my question is, WHERE to get a longer barrel and plug since mine had the extended magazine.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just purchased a Remington M887 Tactical shotgun. I bought it for a close range, brush coyote gun. The 18" barrell is perfect for maneuvering in close quarters and the 3 1/2 magnum gets the job done. It comes with a "tactical" choke. It has a wicked looking end on it similar to a hole saw bit. Is this what makes it "tactical?" How does it compare to a full choke? It will be used in brush and for distances 40 yards and closer.

Pics or it didn't happen.
Did you get the black or camo?
I have been looking at these, how does it operate compared to the old 870?
Thanks,
EFsDad

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i am a little puzzled on you last question.
1. where to get a longer 870 barrel - look online, from 80 - 150
2. a longer plug????

is the door breecher attached onto the screw in choke? if so, take it out and buy a full choke - screw it in.

actually, you can take out a screw in choke, i.e. a barrel without any choke, and shoot shotgun shells, birdshot, and it will be fine. the reason is the lead is in the wad as it travels down the barrel and exits the barrel. the plastic wad keeps the lead from touching the threads. now the threads will get filled with plastic and this could be a problem when you go to screw in another choke.

i am confused - why do you need another plug? u mean the magazine plug?

Latest posts

Top Bottom