Tallest building in the U.S.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's just the number the contractor tossed out a while back when I first read about it. He added in a tower on the top or something so it would be the tallest or second tallest in US and said that was to increase their estimate to $1B stating that if the new Thunder stadium was going to be $1B then this project should be too.

Showboating Californian.
Ooh, ooh, ooh, can we get a new maps tax to pay for that too?

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I'm not sure how the sub-structure would be for this, but I was surprised they built the Devon tower so tall also. I worked on the parking garage where Devon stands now and I know the whole area down there was river bottom at one time or another. The parking garage used friction piers in the sand most were about 50 feet deep and that was 20 feet below street level. We never hit anything solid.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I'm not sure how the sub-structure would be for this, but I was surprised they built the Devon tower so tall also. I worked on the parking garage where Devon stands now and I know the whole area down there was river bottom at one time or another. The parking garage used friction piers in the sand most were about 50 feet deep and that was 20 feet below street level. We never hit anything solid.
The concrete base under the devon tower is massive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom