Taurus pt111 pro, any recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kickface

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting my ccw for a while now and have been looking at compact pistols. A week or so ago I was at Kings Pawn on reno checking out their selection when I happened upon a pistol that was in my price range that had all the features I want, pt111 millennium pro.

The thing is I've never shot one and don't know anyone who has, and was wondering what the pros and cons are of this pistol.

kickface

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
369$ new with 2-12 round mags, its a cool dual tone slid, black on top, silver sides with black lettering and black grip. I saw some at academy for 329$ but they were sold out for the last few weeks.

owu1bag5

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i had one and carried one for a while. at first i liked it, but after shooting and carrying it more and more i started hating it more and more. i hated the long trigger pull, wasnt accurate, and wasnt a weapon that anyone could pick up and fire reliably. there are better weapons out there for not much more money. i sold mine after about a year of owning it, i stick to my springfield xd now.

Don E.

New to the site!
Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting my ccw for a while now and have been looking at compact pistols. A week or so ago I was at Kings Pawn on reno checking out their selection when I happened upon a pistol that was in my price range that had all the features I want, pt111 millennium pro.

The thing is I've never shot one and don't know anyone who has, and was wondering what the pros and cons are of this pistol.

A friend of mine carries one everyday. Liked the grip and it shoots well. I wanted something thinner and just bought the PT709 Slim from Taurus. Love it.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the version 1 of the PT111 and liked everything about it except the trigger pull. I think the latest versions have a SA/DA trigger don't they?

I would think they would be OK for your first gun but, if your like the rest of us, you will end up with something else soon enough.

BC

kickface

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They had a 709 and some xd when I was looking. The 709 only had a single stack mag if I remember correctly, ruling it out. I also looked at the XDs they had but they didn't feel right in my hand. Also looked at some glocks but I've never been impressed with them especially for the price.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought my wife one of these last year. We looked at several different guns. She like the Taurus the best. It was the one that was the most comfortable for her and that is really important with a handgun. I was ready to spend a lot more on a gun, but this was the one she wanted.

It is fairly accurate for such a short barreled gun. It conceals well and has NEVER failed to go "bang" when the trigger is pulled. THAT is a great feature of any gun you might stake your life on someday.

The trigger pull leaves a lot to be desired when the gun is new. We have put about 2000 rounds thru it and the trigger pull has improved over time. It is still a little long, but not nearly as heavy. It still beats a kahr.

Anyway, I would not want to be the bad guy in the dark alley facing my wife and this gun. She is very comfortable and VERY accurate with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom