Taurus pt111 pro, any recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeller

Marksman
Reaction score
I'm very please with my Pro series PT145 always goes bang, and is acurate enough for a battle weapon that works, holds 3" groups at 20 yards. +100 for the trigger getting better with time, still not great but as good or better than most of the top shelf plastic guns, still long but has a short reset so follow up shots can happen fast..

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm assuming your talking ammo now.

I carry Remington JHP Golden Sabers, 124-grain in my Sig. Very nice round.

Federal Hydra-Shocks, 124-grain are also very good.

Make sure you test fire your home defense rounds in your new gun. Some pistols are VERY particular about the ammo you feed them.

The last thing you need in a confrontation is for your gun to jam.

yeller

Marksman
Reaction score
I've been using 147g Remington Golden Sabres in my 9mm and 230g in my 45 both have feed flawlessly. The 45 has a real short action and these feed smoother than most of the FMJ that I've run.

deek

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I might be a little late, but I have never seen any Pt 111' s for any more than 340 brand new. You might talk to them about the price. I have 3 Taurus pistols and love all 3, all shoot flawlessly and accuratly. Plus they have a lifetime warranty, so you can't go wrong:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom