Taurus Revolvers.....do they suck? or GTG?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Better than Charter Arms, a Taurus is, IMHO

I always have good luck with revo's.
I b.got a CA 38 when I was 16, cost $60 bucks,between me and the 'boys, that thing must have been shot 1000 times by each.
Over many years in the trunk of my car, tool box on the trucks, back floor boards, who knows where.
It went to many states with me for many years, shot by the 'boys in most states.
I dont Ever remember cleaning it, other than once, I thought it needed a bath in Lake Erie...go figure?
12 years later I sold it to one of my oilfield buddys, he just thought it was soo cool ( he was from New Jersey).. ;)
for $200 dollars.
Last time I talked to him, 10 or so years ago , he still talked about that little CA 38...go figure?

I have 2 Taurus "j frame" 38s, both have had some work done to them, triggers, smoothing, timing.

I carry one of them always...go figure?

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a friend who bought one, he was pretty proud of it but he'd never owned a gun in his life before then. He showed it to me, a .357 magnum, I don't recall the model number but it wasn't pretty. The gun appeared to be pretty cheap and when you shook it, it sounded like a baby rattle. It really was a crap gun. That said, Taurus has the capability to make good guns, they just have to put quality control ahead of production and they'll make a name for themselves. Well...a good name anyways.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a friend who bought one, he was pretty proud of it but he'd never owned a gun in his life before then. He showed it to me, a .357 magnum, I don't recall the model number but it wasn't pretty. The gun appeared to be pretty cheap and when you shook it, it sounded like a baby rattle. It really was a crap gun. That said, Taurus has the capability to make good guns, they just have to put quality control ahead of production and they'll make a name for themselves. Well...a good name anyways.

This is well said. IMO Taurus has a more simple fire control system than S & W. And the materials of construction seem OK. But the tolerances held are not up to par. I think Brandi is right that Taurus has every opportunity to make a good name for themselves.

Latest posts

Top Bottom