Taurus TCP 380

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up a Taurus TCP in 380 yesterday. I had all of the major 380's on the counter (kel=tec,lcp) they're all pretty much the same except the Taurus stays open after the last round fired. The smooth trigger pull of the Taurus won me over and I just had to take it home.

The wife and I put 50 rounds through it yesterday(she fired 3 and said it hurt her hand to shoot). It sure is a handfull to shoot, but given it's intended purpose it'll do just fine. At about 6 yards it's pretty dern accurate, I easily put 30 rds in a 8 inch target and the rest weren't far off. I did get a little slide kiss on my left thumb once(I lost my mind with a overlapping two handed grip).

Only had one FTE where the spent casing was directly atop the new one, I must have limp wristed once or something, a tiny pull on the slide and a right twist and I was back in business.

Take down and reassembly is about the most simple I've seen on any pistol. I can't believe that some complain about this in some of the reviews.

Today I plan on putting 50 more rounds down the barrel. If it goes as good as it did yesterday I'll order some golden saber 102 gr hps for carry and deem it good to go.:cannon::gun2::gun2:

BTW: this pistol is so amazingly light that one could easily forget they had it on their person. Didn't somebody have a nifty pocket holster for these that also held the extra mag?

TCannon22

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the same pistol I just bought for my wife.
We basically did the same thing and had them all on the counter and it won her over almost as soon as she picked it up.
We are planning on putting a few rounds through it this weekend so I'm hoping she will still like it come Monday.

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry I skipped a day in my pistol break-in, today I went and put the second 50rds through it, the first fifty were remington round nose 95grn, this second 50 where the Winchester White Box, to my surprise these have a flat nose to them which caused two loading failures from the open and locked position a little push finished seating the bullets. These flat nosed bullets never had a problem cycling. All the same I'll be sticking with the remington for practice ammo. I had 6 extra hollow points so I went ahead and fired them off with out incedent.

I would love to load up some pics for you all but I'm still using nasty ole dial-up internet. My TCP is the black and stainless model, the pink/rasberry was calling my name but most guys at the ranges just wouldn't understand.

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just an FYI for TCP owners, mine will absolutely not cycle a full magazine of American Eagle without 1-3 failures. Everything else works fine, it just won't eat American Eagle. I do like the gun though, enough that I smoothed the sharp corners off and polished the slide. Nice looking little gun now!

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow Hobbes I read through all twelve pages of the link you provided, the only thing I came away with for sure is that Taurus has great customer service(when needed).

Latest posts

Top Bottom