TDSA ACP1 Photos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some great pictures! I especially liked the muzzle flash in Pic #34.

I noticed that the shooters had their thumbs both pointing forward. Did the instructors tell everyone to do that? I've tried it that way, but I'm more comfortable with my support thumb locked over my shooting thumb.

Who was shooting that lime-green Glock? It's - well, it's eye-catching....

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

I noticed that the shooters had their thumbs both pointing forward. Did the instructors tell everyone to do that? I've tried it that way, but I'm more comfortable with my support thumb locked over my shooting thumb.

I think familiarity is often mistaken for comfort.

To be blunt, compared to thumbs fwd, thumb on thumb sucks.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, I saw that guy, he was there when somebody put the front sight back on my Glock.....

Hell I wish I knew that was you gill! I would've introduced myself, but you had to get back into the fight ;) LOL.

No pics but I've got your fingerprints all over my Ol Yeller Glock stipple!!

LOL. When Mike said "Stilley" I thought about you, but didn't recognize you. Much different from 2 years ago ;)

Don't go putting those precious fingerprints anywhere they shouldn't be! :smack:

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad you guys like my photos. They were shot with Canon EOS Mk.IIIs and a Mk.II. The overcast day gave me an opportunity to get some sweet muzzle flash.

In all those frames I shot, I only got muzzle flash on about three or four photos. Every once in a while, I'd be shooting rapid fire (six frames per second) close-up on a gun and would see the muzzle glow orange and see the flame. I knew right there, I'd missed it. If I see it in the viewfinder, I've missed it with the camera.

The ISO was 400 to 800, shutter speed of 1/2000th @ f/4.0. Lenses were Canon 70-200 2.8 and 300 2.8.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

If you are shooting with your supportive hand thumb over your other thumb then I don't think you are getting a solid wrap around your primary hand.
Thumbs forward, supportive hand is what keeps that pistol steady. Do not squeeze primary grip too much....kinesthetic alignment.

The lady shooting the green pistol is married to a member here. Nice gal.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I don't remember her name, but she was out there with her husband and daughter. The daughter was shooting a red Glock. The dad was telling me she shot better with his plain 'ol black Glock, so they traded.

The red was too pink for his taste, but I thought it looked pretty red to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom