Tea Time to Get Serious

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"ease the bitterness" huh?

Not me, Cap'n.....I use it to ensure that the spoon stands up straight in the glass. :thumb:

I do like the "Sugar In the RAW" brand tho'....good stuff!

I used to be a straight tea drinker but I've gotten accustomed to sweet tea now in my elder years.

A big +100000 on the sugar in the raw... that stuff is like sweet legal crack.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to be a straight tea drinker but I've gotten accustomed to sweet tea now in my elder years.

A big +100000 on the sugar in the raw... that stuff is like sweet legal crack.

Yeah, sometimes I just haul off n' eat it right offa' tha' spoon.

The sugar....not the crack.
:lookaroun

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started using the Stevia type Sugar in the Raw and its pretty good; I've noticed that cutting my sugar intake over the last month has caused me to crave it a lot less. I drink probably 40 oz of tea a day as my main "sweet" beverage. I make up a gallon at a time using 10 lipton bags and 10 packets of the stevia stuff. Lasts me about 5 days. much cheaper than soda too!

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heat 3 lipton bags in a bowl of water in the microwave for three minutes. That is just enough time for me to dissolve half a cup of splenda in pitcher of water. I then add the tea from the microwave and I'm good to go in under 4 minutes.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
4 family size bags (Lipton) into boilin water (burner off) let sit till almost cool. get a gallon glass jar, and put in ALMOST a cup of sugar, then fill it up to a gallon.

Best part - tall drinking jar FULL of ice, big ole wedge of lemon, and squeeeeeze it over the ice, pour in tea, push lemon under ice with knife and stir...

mmmm mmmmm good, best glass of tea i ever had. (wife says, " you say that everytime honey." and rolls her eyes.)

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't drink ice tea as much anymore. Sun tea is awesome, but haven't had it since I was a kid. I've been drinking hot tea more recently.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Stash teas ... http://www.stashtea.com/

Right now I'm on a licorice kick but the acai berry herbal tea is good too.

When I was a kid we drank Lipton tea that was so strong you couldn't see through it and had a cup of sugar per quart added in while it was still hot off the stove. Then when I got older I still liked it strong but without the sugar.

Every once in a while I'll make a pitcher of tea but GC won't touch it. Says it's like drinking kerosene ... lightweight ... lol

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't drink ice tea as much anymore. Sun tea is awesome, but haven't had it since I was a kid. I've been drinking hot tea more recently.

What hot teas do you drink?

I love minty and eucalyptus teas, the kind that clear your sinuses just by taking a whiff of the steam. I love chai tea with a bit of sugar for hot and mixed with vanilla flavored almond milk over ice. I have tons of Celestial Seasonings fruity hot teas, they remind me of my dad when I was growing up. He always had Celestial Seasonings teas in the house. I'm always down for random black teas.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drink just about whatever I find. No real preference for black or green. I dig peppermint for sinuses. Earl grey and chamomile are my go to teas. I occasionally enjoy fruit flavored. I tend to drink mine straight without sugar or milk, but do mix it from time to time. However, I will usually grab honey over sugar.

Latest posts

Top Bottom