Test Your Gear, Test Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When the SHTF, I'm gonna.........
OK, you think you'll rule the post-apocalyptic world, running to and fro, engaging bad guys, blue hats, zombies, whatever.
July 19 is the chance to try your gear and skills out - either a 5k or 10k, complete with different shooting scenarios, you bring your gear, water, ammo, complete the course and get all your hits the fastest, you win.
Or...you find weak spots in your boots, your rifle, pistol, hydration system, yourself, your optics....you get the idea. Now's the time to fix them! Find out what needs fixed July 19, 2014...course of fire, etc...posted in "Competitions" shortly.

BTW - How many of y'all that visit the "preppers" section came to the Winter Run N Gun, or the one last summer?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When shtf, I'm gonna....

Do the best I can, with what I got. I think it's a good idea to run, test and compete. But I doubt I could survive a competition. At this point in my life, I've got enough for 1 good shot.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When shtf, I'm gonna....

Do the best I can, with what I got. I think it's a good idea to run, test and compete. But I doubt I could survive a competition. At this point in my life, I've got enough for 1 good shot.

If you can walk, you can do it.

It's not an in your face competition...consider it a nice hike, with guns. No attitudes, awesome people and a comfortable environment.

Jace

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With 5 messed up disks I cant do any running, but might be able to get in shape to walk 5k quickly. Must we also carry a backpack?

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With 5 messed up disks I cant do any running, but might be able to get in shape to walk 5k quickly. Must we also carry a backpack?

All you will need to carry is what you need to finish the course of fire, a center fire pistol/rifle, ear/eye pro, and a good attitude.

There will be plenty of posts in one or the other threads for the run n gun about gear choices in the coming weeks.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Get you one of these.
i44.photobucket.com_albums_f5_rust4brains_Tactical_20Cart_HPIM9933.jpg

Are spectators allowed?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spectators allowed, but there's not much to see, as the shooting takes place along a 6.5 mile course (or 3.5 mile) - the finish line/HQ will be the only place to hang out/watch. You can see one of the stations from there, and see the runners/walkers as they come in.

Run/walk will be about 5 miles NW of Pawnee, OK.

No backpack required, like SMS and UMB said, if you can walk, you can do it. But bring plenty of water!

Jared C - if you wish to run nude, go ahead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom