Sorry if I laugh at your pain.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a saying...

Fall down, and an acquaintance will help you up.

Fall down, and your good friend will laugh at you and help you up.

Fall down, and your BEST friend will laugh at you and while helping you up, ask, "Walk much, dumb@$$??" :pms2:

I wanna party with @swampratt someday....
I'm gonna take a hard pass on that. These days, petting my dog counts as partying. I have turned into a wimp. Knees have been FUBAR since I was 19, back since I was 36, and had my right hip replaced at 54, left at 59. I am hoping not to NEED any more surgeries for the rest of my life. Don't count the epidurals and ablations that quiet down the sciatic nerves. Next epidural is the 26th.

Doc who got my wife walking again nearly 20 years ago told me, on the back, there was a 50% chance he could fix it, and a 50% chance he would make it worse. He didn't like those odds, and neither did I. The epidurals and ablations help, but nothing is going to fix it.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm gonna take a hard pass on that. These days, petting my dog counts as partying. I have turned into a wimp. Knees have been FUBAR since I was 19, back since I was 36, and had my right hip replaced at 54, left at 59. I am hoping not to NEED any more surgeries for the rest of my life. Don't count the epidurals and ablations that quiet down the sciatic nerves. Next epidural is the 26th.

Doc who got my wife walking again nearly 20 years ago told me, on the back, there was a 50% chance he could fix it, and a 50% chance he would make it worse. He didn't like those odds, and neither did I. The epidurals and ablations help, but nothing is going to fix it.

I feel ya, sir. 😞😖😖 I don't even like the dog bumping into me these days.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Shoulda taken better care of my self when I still could. Never was much of a party animal, but also didn't expect to make it to 30. Now I'm 68. Yikes! :)

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shoulda taken better care of my self when I still could. Never was much of a party animal, but also didn't expect to make it to 30. Now I'm 68. Yikes! :)

The doctor told me I have NAFLD. The first words out of my mouth was "Well *******!! WHY was I good all those years then??!?!" 😤 He was laughing so hard he was crying. His nurse promised me she'd never let him live it down. 🤣🤣🤣

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel ya, sir. 😞😖😖 I don't even like the dog bumping into me these days.
My dog is about 90lbs. But he's the only one here who misses me when I'm gone, and is always happy to see me when I come home. He's getting pretty old, too. Having him push through to get to the door is not fun, but I can see that it won't be a whole lot longer. And it's possible that there won't be anyone else who cares anymore. The cats can take me or leave me. ;)

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dog is about 90lbs. But he's the only one here who misses me when I'm gone, and is always happy to see me when I come home. He's getting pretty old, too. Having him push through to get to the door is not fun, but I can see that it won't be a whole lot longer. And it's possible that there won't be anyone else who cares anymore. The cats can take me or leave me. ;)

Same here. Dawg weighs about 70. He's learned to be gentle but sometimes he wants to play, gets excited and forgets himself. The cats will eat me. Grumpy won't notice -- well until his dishes don't get washed. Lol

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The doctor told me I have NAFLD. The first words out of my mouth was "Well *******!! WHY was I good all those years then??!?!" 😤 He was laughing so hard he was crying. His nurse promised me she'd never let him live it down. 🤣🤣🤣
SWMBO seems to have that, too. Wasn't much of drinker, and neither am I. She's 10 years younger than I am, and makes me look like I'm in great shape. C6-C7 spinal fusion with instrumentation, L4-S1 similar around 20 years ago. One of them involves cadaver bone, but I don't remember which. Chronic Lupus, or Psoriatic Arthritis, or something immune-system not otherwise specified, depending on which doc when... Seems kind of a race who's going to hit the finish line first. Recently diagnosed with lymphedema. Was swollen up to about a size 7x from 2x in April 2022. Lymphedema massage is a thing, and it works. Back down to her "normal" weight of about 240lbs. Was at 314lbs back in August last year. I'd be surprised if she was eating 1000 calories a day back then, and the weight gain and swelling was rather rapid. Does have a little better appetite now, but still not much over 1000 calories a day. I try to take her out for lunch when we have doctor's appointments. Seems to be the only dating time we get anymore.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same here. Dawg weighs about 70. He's learned to be gentle but sometimes he wants to play, gets excited and forgets himself. The cats will eat me. Grumpy won't notice -- well until his dishes don't get washed. Lol
Dish washer (new in March) just crapped out, and I'm the one doing most of the dishes. Bookend kids are living at home again, and around here I'm supposed to be the grumpy one. ;) Once the house is a little more presentable, I'll check and see if the warranty is any good. If not, I'll fix it myself. Wouldn't be the first time for appliance repairs. :)

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dish washer (new in March) just crapped out
I have a working one that I have about 50 bucks tied up in it which includes gasoline to go get it.
If you can't fix yours or it cost too much or no warranty i have this white colored one that works fine.
$50
Came from mister eye bleach salesman of the year.
Pretty new.

Latest posts

Top Bottom