Texas bill introduced to require Drunk Drivers to pay child support

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most likely, I’d expect this to be done as a garnishment—as soon as you get money deposited in your account, they’re going to automatically take the amount you owe. If you don’t get money deposited, they’ll send the county deputies to start hauling your stuff away until they think they have enough to cover your debt.
And just like that, they give more reasons for someone to become part of the homeless camp!

Creating a bigger problem!

In the end the local corrupt court system could only take what it titled, or held in bank account under the accused name.

Heaven forbid the wrongfully accused!

And dont forget someone well to do, just might be able to skate away scott free if they have everything tucked neatly away in some sort of trust. Once again only picking on the poor bastard!

Last edited:

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It certainly makes sense to me but I am a bit disgusted by the first sentence in this paragraph from the story. “The amount of money owed will be determined by an array of factors, including the standard of living the child is accustomed to, their physical and emotional condition and the child's educational needs, among other expenses related to being a parent.” Apparently a child born in poverty deserves less than one that comes from an affluent home. That just rubs me the wrong way as does the fact that “both parents” have to be killed in order for the child to receive support. Sounds like a good idea that was poorly executed.
I can see the way that you see this. But if you look at it, like the way States do with divorced parents and children it kind of runs in line with that. Kids from disadvantaged homes get far less than kids from Rich homes

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most likely, I’d expect this to be done as a garnishment—as soon as you get money deposited in your account, they’re going to automatically take the amount you owe. If you don’t get money deposited, they’ll send the county deputies to start hauling your stuff away until they think they have enough to cover your debt.
Some Online banks don't allow garnishments. Sign over everything you own to someone else and you're off the hook.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can see the way that you see this. But if you look at it, like the way States do with divorced parents and children it kind of runs in line with that. Kids from disadvantaged homes get far less than kids from Rich homes
Hunter bidens daughter gets $20,000 a month because he is affluent and can't prove otherwise.
Had some Joe Blow with a minimum wage job got the same lady pregnant, the child would be getting the minimum amount of child support.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
agreed. though my point was that Alcohol is more dangerous than weed, yet it's the weed that is a schedule 1 narcotic and recreational is banned....
That would be because our government is incapable of learning from history. We've tried Prohibition, and it didn't work then, and it hasn't worked in my lifetime...

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hunter bidens daughter gets $20,000 a month because he is affluent and can't prove otherwise.
Had some Joe Blow with a minimum wage job got the same lady pregnant, the child would be getting the minimum amount of child support.
Just got it chopped down to $5000 a month, IIRC. But I see no evidence that HB can't afford to pay more. And looks like something better to do with his money than put it up his nose. Long as the kid's mother isn't putting it up HER nose either.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wait. Aren’t we all missing something? Isn’t someone that kills somebody going to prison for long stints of time? How would they pay other than current assets as they don’t have a means of earning employment dollars in prison, right?

Or maybe, if you kill someone while drunk, you get dead yourself and any/all assets go to the kids?

Latest posts

Top Bottom