Texas bill introduced to require Drunk Drivers to pay child support

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It certainly makes sense to me but I am a bit disgusted by the first sentence in this paragraph from the story. “The amount of money owed will be determined by an array of factors, including the standard of living the child is accustomed to, their physical and emotional condition and the child's educational needs, among other expenses related to being a parent.” Apparently a child born in poverty deserves less than one that comes from an affluent home. That just rubs me the wrong way as does the fact that “both parents” have to be killed in order for the child to receive support. Sounds like a good idea that was poorly executed.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
It certainly makes sense to me but I am a bit disgusted by the first sentence in this paragraph from the story. “The amount of money owed will be determined by an array of factors, including the standard of living the child is accustomed to, their physical and emotional condition and the child's educational needs, among other expenses related to being a parent.” Apparently a child born in poverty deserves less than one that comes from an affluent home. That just rubs me the wrong way as does the fact that “both parents” have to be killed in order for the child to receive support. Sounds like a good idea that was poorly executed.
Sounds like a good idea that just left a political committee.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but with the frequency of people not paying child support for children they fathered/mothered, I can't see many of them willing to pay for someone else's child
Most likely, I’d expect this to be done as a garnishment—as soon as you get money deposited in your account, they’re going to automatically take the amount you owe. If you don’t get money deposited, they’ll send the county deputies to start hauling your stuff away until they think they have enough to cover your debt.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see several things wrong with the bill 1 why both parents it should be any parent 2 it should be a set rate for all kids no matter who the parents are 3 good luck them collecting they cant even collect on the parent that dont pay as it is now, you cant garnish something if they work where they get paid with cash or a personal check off the books and have no bank account. Been down this road before and plus the government gets to keep a percentage of all they collect thats why they want you to go thru the system to pay your child support the child doesnt get very much of what is paid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom