Thanksgiving dinner - oddball dishes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It will only be the wife and I, but we're foregoing tradition altogether this year.

My sister brought us a fully-cooked home-made Mexican Casserole a few weeks ago, and it's thawing in the fridge for tomorrow... :D
Same here, One son with family has to go home early, so it will just be the other son.
Prime cut ribeyes Sous Vide and finished on the trager grill at 450 degrees.
Hope everybody has a great Thanksgiving!

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll probably get some oh yucks for this recipe but don't knock it unless you have tried it. It is my favorite.

http://www.pauladeen.com/oyster-dressing

Seriously try the oyster dressing.

I second the vote for the oyster dressing. My wife's stepdad was a chef and his oyster dressing was awesome!!

I am thinking I will try this today. If I can find enough oysters... to be honest, I've never bought oysters, so I don't know if I can just pick them up at WalMart? Obviously I think the canned kind in tins like anchovies would be a no-no... do I find them in the frozen seafood section, like shrimp? I'm just not sure about this, though... no one anywhere in my family has ever expressed a desire for oysters of any kind. Like, it's never even been on the radar. I'll really be going out on a limb...

I'll be making our traditional dressing along with it. Just in case. lol

Personofinterest

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Try where they keep the fresh fish in the meat section. The canned ones would work but the ones in the jar are worth the look. In either case make sure you reserve the liquid they are packed in to use to help keep the dressing from being to dry. Let us know what you think. Happy Thanksgiving

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm crossing my fingers, man. lol

I just read through a couple hundred comments on the dressing from the Food Network site. It's so hard... so many people's opinions, what they did differently, etc. I guess we'll see. Like I said, I'll let The Wife make the traditional dressing, too, so she will feel ok with my experimenting. lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom