That 30k pound piece of equipment doesn't do good on ice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I got a call from one of our employees yesterday at lunch. I was third on his list of people to call to try to get approval to spend the money to get it pulled. Went to try and pull someone out of the ditch with the lift and managed to slide off the ice covered road into a ditch.

What happened next? Well just look for youself. They tried all morning to get it unstuck. We had nothing heavy enough in our inventory to pull it out. 10 minutes from positioning the truck to unhooking the cable from Arrow and the lift was back on hard pavement. No the F150 wasn't use to try and free the lift.

ai258.photobucket.com_albums_hh272_dblystone_SNC00034.jpg

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i had to pull a AWD WRX out of a ditch half as deep as it and barely any wider... at midnight on Sat Night. Twas interesting. Took a few tries, started from the rear, but ended up with success from the front. The factory tow hook points are really sturdy on that car.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't mind pulling someone out if they are stuck. I just prefer using a winch to get it done. May be slower but in my book much safer.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IF the front axle would have hit the ditch first it would have been easy to get out. just drive the boom out and reverse end of story.

With the back axle in first it was stuck for good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom