That is some talent!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man I wish I was this talented.

eagle.jpg

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man I couldn't even draw that much less carve it out with a chain saw. Sorry Rick; guys like you and me just need to be satisfied with bein' good lookin'.

I agree. I always tell the wifey that if I had been born rich instead of just good looking we would not have so many problems.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is a spectacular piece of work. :thumb:

IMO, talent is something you're born with. Either ya have it, or ya don't.

Most folks can learn the basics of many things, and often become pretty good at 'em. But you can't make (or teach) anyone to be talented. Talented folks are the ones that just naturally excel in their chosen endeavor (seemingly without trying, sometimes).

As usual, just my 2¢ ... :drunk2:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is a spectacular piece of work. :thumb:

IMO, talent is something you're born with. Either ya have it, or ya don't.

Most folks can learn the basics of many things, and often become pretty good at 'em. But you can't make (or teach) anyone to be talented. Talented folks are the ones that just naturally excel in their chosen endeavor (seemingly without trying, sometimes).

As usual, just my 2¢ ... :drunk2:

Which takes me to speak of my mother. She was a self-taught artist, starting out with pencil drawings, to chalk drawn scenes, and then to using oil paints. She did well enough that after she and Dad got divorced, she had no other "training" with which to make a living. So she began to teach others to paint. While she used to always take blue ribbons at the county fair, she refused to compete with her students and never submitted another painting to the fair.

While I grew up at the knee of this woman, I never was able to do painting...and still can't. What I did learn from watching what she studied to paint and what she painted was how to compose a photo.

Latest posts

Top Bottom