That will be a lesson learned 🙂

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's in the description of the video on YouTube. But I think the blame lays more on the idiots that came before him and kept feeding the wildlife until they lose their fear of humans. The guy who shot the video was pretty adamant the photographer really didn't do anything wrong.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's in the description of the video on YouTube. But I think the blame lays more on the idiots that came before him and kept feeding the wildlife until they lose their fear of humans. The guy who shot the video was pretty adamant the photographer really didn't do anything wrong.

It's always someone else's fault when people do stupid ****. In fact most idiots are adamant about it.

If the pohtog had not been too close to the animals to begin with, the young elk would not have been close enough to sneak up on him from behind. I can't say that he was 100% to blame, but if he had kept his distance the animal might still be alive. He intentionally got too close to some elk, and while he was preoccupied with them, he got ambushed from behind. He did plenty wrong.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Apologies... Obviously you know better than those that were there and the reporter who wrote the story and the National Park Service that had problems with the elk prior to this encounter.

"I spoke to the reporter who broke the story and she assured me the decision was based on a pattern of aggressive behavior that began prior to the incident documented in this video. The behavior was the result of visitors feeding the elk and conditioning them to seek food from humans. This video only serves as an example of the elk's dangerous behavior, not an impetus to it."

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That idiot got that elk killed.

He should have had his ass slapped with a giant fine.

Maybe you've never seen the actions of wild animals in national parks and monuments. Unless you were present at the time of the encounter with the elk and the photographer, I'd say you don't really understand the issues with those "wild" animals.

Just as an example, here is a photo that I took of an elk in Yellowstone back in 2002. This is a case where at least two bull elk grazed over towards four of us, even though all four of us were clearly visible to them. And yes, I backed away from them after getting a few shots of this bull.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not saying people don't do stupid s*** around animals. I've seen it more than I care to remember. But I'm having a hard time placing much blame on the photographer in this video, especially when everyone else WHO WAS THERE says he was acting reasonably.

I dunno ... I swing back and forth on it but I do agree that he was not the person who got the ball rolling here, he was just the one who got smacked in the face with it. There was lots and lots of inappropriate human contact between that animal and a bunch of different people before it got to this point.

Latest posts

Top Bottom