That's one strange deer..........!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A buddy was dear hunting years ago, and had brought an old man with him. He was on a stand not far from this older guy, ( sounds better than old man, concidering I am one). He heard a commotion and an Emu, (big bird,) that someone had turned out because they had become wiorthless, was attacking this older gentleman! I think it had taken him by suprise, and he had dropped his rifle, so this buddy finally got to where he could shoot this thing without hiting the old man, and popped him! I guess these things can be aggressive? This was a long time ago, not long after the bottom fell out of this FAD, and I guess people were turning these things out in large numbers, back then. Does anyone know if we still have any of these things around here?
Several years ago I saw an Emu over on a beach area at Ft. Gibson lake. Really odd. I also had a Bison in my back yard on the north end of Ft. Gibson Lake. Escaped a game reserve over in the Peggs area and had swan across the river. Quite a surprise for us, the Deputy Sheriffs office, and their animal control contact to have to shoot with a druged dart and dispose of.

Emus are no joke, Australia once lost a war to emus.

"The machine-gunners' dreams of point blank fire into serried masses of Emus were soon dissipated. The Emu command had evidently ordered guerrilla tactics, and its unwieldy army soon split up into innumerable small units that made use of the military equipment uneconomic. A crestfallen field force therefore withdrew from the combat area after about a month."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad had an emu farm for about 20 years.
He was called up several times to come catch or wrangle a loose emu that had escaped its pen or the owner let loose.
If ya know how to handle them, a person can grab & lead an emu wherever they want & not get beat up. But the hard part is the proper grab & hold.

The are good eating. Red meat, Taste like very lean beef. No fat content at all in the meat of an emu. The eggs taste a little bit different than chicken eggs, but they aren't bad either, & 1 emu egg is equivalent to 10 to 12 chicken eggs.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Emus are no joke, Australia once lost a war to emus.

"The machine-gunners' dreams of point blank fire into serried masses of Emus were soon dissipated. The Emu command had evidently ordered guerrilla tactics, and its unwieldy army soon split up into innumerable small units that made use of the military equipment uneconomic. A crestfallen field force therefore withdrew from the combat area after about a month."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emu_War

PiedmontGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of these memes remind me a joke my father used to tell. A seasoned hunter was planning a hunting trip to the mountains. His wife decided she wanted to go deer hunting with him. He bought her a rifle and practiced quite a bit until she was comfortable shooting the rifle. They made their way to the mountains and he put her in a good spot to watch for deer. He moved further down the trail to sit in a different spot. About an hour later he heard a rifle shot back the direction where his wife was located. It was about a 1/4 mile, so he started making his way back to where she was. He wasn't quite back in view of her location but he could hear a man's voice. He stopped to try to hear what the man was saying and this is what he heard. "Okay... Okay Lady! It's your deer. It's your deer but can I at least take my saddle off of it?"

Latest posts

Top Bottom