The Fever Is Setting In!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No, this is not another swine flu thread! However, I am suffering a little! Archery season cannot get here soon enough! I cannot wait to get out into the woods here in the next couple of weeks to start my serious scouting!!!

Wahoo!

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I feel your pain. I think this year I am way more pumped for season to get here.....I don't know why more this year than last, but I've got it pretty bad.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm hunting on a new 1300 acre lease this year and there are deer all over it. I've been hunting on public land the past 10 years with no luck. The anticipation of actually hunting where deer are is driving me nuts!

Koolhandlinc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw 10 deer today. 1 buck from a distance that was either a 8 or a 10 point. Could not tell but he had a rack. Also 2 cute little yearlings! haha can't wait to see them grow up.

Here Bambi here Bambi :gun2::w000t::gun1::w000t::fullauto::w000t::50cal:

msanders

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I couldnt agree more! I just had ACL reconstruction surgery a month ago, so hopefully I will be able to climb a tree alright or I wont be very happy! I can assure you one thing, I will get up a tree one way or another! Been seeing some deer around the house, so it looks like its about time to set out a couple cameras. Dragging out the bow this weekend to start shootn. Im getting fired up!

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
35 days buts who's counting?

Not me. I mean, I have not had this link bookmarked for the last couple weeks, checking it frequently.

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/customcounter.html?month=10&day=1&year=2009&hour=6am&min=0&sec=0&p0=184

It's gonna be a good year, work is so freakin' slow I should have no problem beating my previous record of 62 sits ("sit" being a morning or evening hunt) on stand. We have pretty much not taken anything but does and bucks with no potential in the last several years. We are starting to get some nice, old bucks in the area finally. They just don't like to be seen, or shot.:wink2:

The sucker that made this has to show himself sometime!

ai143.photobucket.com_albums_r135_ereif_072.jpg

Good deal on the lease Madd, have you been scouting or anything at all yet?

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, we have game cameras up and have been checking them out... I'm also very good buds with the guy that has been hunting that land for 10 years. He knows that property very, very well... So I'm looking to him from pointers but I've found beds and acorns and the paths between and plenty of deer droppings. So I've got some prime spots I want to setup some stands.

We found so many rubs in this one area last year that we just couldn't believe it. That lease has serious activity. And it's right next to the ammo depot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom