The Fever Is Setting In!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
went up to ponca city saturday to do some tree trimming.kicked deer out at all three spots.the farmer put wheat in an area that has always been in burmuda grass.couldn't take a step without walking on a track.there are some BIG buck tracks in the wheat.can't wait!

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have been seing quite a few does with fawns, still all have their spots. Most does have twins. There was obviously much more rutting going on than we saw last fall.;)

I was driving out on the 4x4 road though the property yesterday after moving a stand and a nice buck stood up and ran up the hill. Couldn't really get a good size estimate on him, looked to be a medium 8 point or so. Still in velvet. He was about 120 yards from my stand, in an are where I found a amall 8 point shed last March. Hopefully it's the same deer, he will be a shooter this year for my area.

Al my trail cams have got so far is a couple does, a fawn, a small yearling buck and my hunting partner on his tractor. But they have not been out long.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:laughup:

As long as you don't start peeing on your ankles I wouldn't worry about it.

Seriously, this weather is awesome for this time of year. I have seem opening weekend of bow much hotter than this more times than I care to remember. Let's hope summers over for good!

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It'll have to get a bit colder before that starts happening.........This weather is great though. If only it'll stay this way. Last year opening day was in the 90's. I am hoping for at least as cool as it is today. It's also looking like a good chance of rain thurs. I'm really needing this, I got my food plots planted this last weekend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom