The increased cost of vehicle maintenance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Leasing is a very specific point of entry. For some people it does make sense. It is very good if the company is providing you with a monthly stipend specifically to lease a vehicle. For most of us the math will never work out in our favor! In most leases you are still responsible for maintaining the vehicle. This includes new tires, repairs after wrecks, etc. you pay for the miles driven. Drive a lot, you will be paying a lot.

I have been buying new trucks when buying but those days are probably long gone. We buy older vehicles which will not depreciate too much over the next two to four years. Drive, sell, repeat. I can do ,most of my own mechanic work but there are some I cannot and some I do not have time to complete.

The dealership will always win the financial portion. Most of the time they make a killing on leases.

JokerofDeath

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Leasing is a very specific point of entry. For some people it does make sense. It is very good if the company is providing you with a monthly stipend specifically to lease a vehicle. For most of us the math will never work out in our favor! In most leases you are still responsible for maintaining the vehicle. This includes new tires, repairs after wrecks, etc. you pay for the miles driven. Drive a lot, you will be paying a lot.

I have been buying new trucks when buying but those days are probably long gone. We buy older vehicles which will not depreciate too much over the next two to four years. Drive, sell, repeat. I can do ,most of my own mechanic work but there are some I cannot and some I do not have time to complete.

The dealership will always win the financial portion. Most of the time they make a killing on leases.
Dealerships make the same money they do on leases as they do on anything else. A sale is a sale. New car sales are there biggest loss and used car sales their biggest money maker. The difference is leases offer them repeat customers every 3 yrs returning low mileage, well maintained used vehicles, that somebody will buy at premium, plus all the warranties. So in that since yes, dealerships make a killing on leases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom