The inflation of laws.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The reason I say "inflation of laws" is that it is much like the inflation of our money supply. The more we put out there, the less the ones we already have are worth. I mean, this has to stop at some point or collapse under the weight of laws piled upon laws piled upon laws.

At what point is there so many laws that you stop abiding by most of them? Seems to me that we are quickly approaching the point where you cannot go through the day without violating a law of some sort. Some are archaic, unpractical, unenforceable, or just plain stupid. Last I knew of our tax code was some 70,000+ pages long. It is so complex that not one tax payer could be 100% in compliance. This could lead to a total breakdown in the rule of law if people just start abiding by whatever laws they see fit because compliance is an impossibility.

I figure there will be mass civil disobedience if they try to pass unconstitutional laws against the 2A. I just wonder if this disobedience will spill over to other laws that are seen as onerous and unconstitutional.

Kind of a rambling post. Oh well, hope you can see what I was trying to say.

footballkckr7

Marksman
Reaction score
funny how the tax code has grown over the last two hundred years. Wasn't that a big part of America's fight for independence from the British? At least that is what I remember from history class.

Latest posts

Top Bottom