The NEW AND IMPROVED "Pentagon, Ft. Hood, terrorist attack" thread. NOW WITH A POLL!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you classify the Ft. Hood attack as workplace violence or a terrorist attack, o

• Total voters

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my thing. I feel for the victims that they deserve the benefits and medals as this fits all of the criteria of a terrorist attack. But then, how do you try the guy? He's military, so with a court-martial and charge him with treason? Do we treat him like any other terrorist and throw him in Gitmo? The guy is an American citizen and still entitled to his rights no matter how terrible and disgusting his actions were. So would it be better for justice to be served if he's tried as a regular citizen even if the victims of the attack don't get the benefits they deserve? I honestly have no answer. I think we've passed so many different laws to prosecute the war on terror that it now causes confusion when we catch one of these bastards and want to see justice served.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fair enough, then he deserves a military trial. If he's a terrorist, he doesn't get that.

...yes he does, just like the folks at Gitmo are getting handled by the military and military tribunals.

The terrorist was on active duty, masquerading as a Major, and committed the offense against military members on a military installation, therefore the military justice system gets to handle him. The military has a well established system to handle such offenders....regardless of whether it is deemed terrorism or workplace violence.

Terrorism, in and of itself isn't necessarily a chargable offense...but the acts perpetrated during the course of committing terrorism are. Hasan can and will be charged under the UCMJ for violation of any number of punitive articles.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I seem to remember at the start of Gulf-1 that an NCO who was Muslim threw a grenade into a tent full of officers, killing several. It was on the news a short time and I never heard anything about it again. Does any one remember that or what happened?

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom