1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

the right to feel safe?

Discussion in 'Shooting Chat' started by chuter, Dec 4, 2015.

1. chuter

chuter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I just heard the babbling heads on CBS news talking with Rubio about new gun laws and they asked him "well, what about people's right to feel safe when going to the mall?"

What fantasy world are these (and millions like them) living in? Where does it say you have a right to feel safe? Is that on my birth certificate or something?

That attitude is a big part of what's wrong with our society. We're so far removed from the dangers of life that people just want to pretend they don't exist; just watch the Kardashians and don't think about it.

There are people in the world that will try to do violence on you for no reason you will ever understand; accept it and prepare to deal with it to whatever level you're comfortable.

News flash CBS news anchors; YOU DON"T HAVE A RIGHT TO FEEL SAFE!!

[/RANT]

2. mightymouse

mightymouse Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    There is no "right" to feel safe. There are no rights without responsibilities. Too often that is forgotten in this country.

3. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Bleed over from the recent college incidents where the cupcakes need a "safe place" to get away from violence.

I'm sure a person with a gun would be protecting them.

4. SMS

SMS Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    People have their definition of "Rights" twisted all out of sorts these days....

5. jchip123

jchip123 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I think there is a right to feel safe and it is called the second amendment and I take advantage of it wherever I go.

6. Glocktogo

Glocktogo Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Agreed.

"well, what about people's right to feel safe when going to the mall?"

"Carry a gun then!"

7. rawhide

rawhide Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Being armed to protect me and mine makes me feel safe by making it possible for me to be safe.

8. Fyrtwuck

Fyrtwuck Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I seem to remember this from somewhere.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

This is where a lot of our feelings come from and now we have those coming into our country who want to change our way of life and take that away from us.

The people running the public places like malls are scared to death of liability and lawyers and it's obvious that simply putting up a sign that says "gun free zone" does not work. Harder times are coming and things are going to have to change.

9. henschman

henschman Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Here's the deal... "right" is just another word for "thing that I want." You can claim as many rights as you want, as can everyone else. Conflicts are resolved in favor of whoever can get his version forced on everyone else by grabbing control of the State... at least this is how it works according to the type of people who claim rights to feelings, rights to have other people forced to do things, etc. It's a system known as mob rule. Some of the people who founded this country unsuccessfully tried to prevent it from devolving to is point a lomg time ago.

10. Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zaphod Beeblebrox Sharpshooter

Supporter
    I'm pretty sure the "right" to "feel safe" is nowhere in the Constitution.

There are also no such rights as:

Have the job you think you deserve, but didn't work for.
    Money.
    Avoidance of difficulty.
    No heartbreak.
    No bad thing happens to you.
    Actually be safe, despite evil existing around us.
    A team of experts to handle any of these perceived shortcomings in your life.

These idiots will never understand any of this. Too many of them were born on third base and think they hit a triple.