The ultimate selfie camera--Lily the drone camera

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and I went out to Seven Falls last August, and a young couple came in on the same shuttle bus. I was taking pictures up the way, so we were pretty slow in getting up to the falls themselves. This young couple were also taking pictures A LOT, but theirs were almost all selfies. As the day progressed, we saw more of the falls and even climbed to the top and went on up to Midnight Falls. This same young couple were STILL taking selfies.

So, with only 20 minutes of flight time, I'd say this thing was simply a 'hipster-craze' than a true drone for a true outdoor enthusiast.

For my photography needs, unless these things can get up to at least an hour of flight time, they all would be useless. But, at my age, carting a drone and remote along would likely mean that I'd have to carry less in the way of cameras or lenses.

cody6766

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it's got some awesome applications for people into extreme sports and some other, less extreme, outdoor activities. I'd like to have something like that for some of the trails and hikes up here. I think I could get some really cool pics of the family to add to the ones I shoot with my DSLR and GoPro.

I do think that the selfie craze is nuts. If you guys think we have it bad, you should see the Japanese. When I was in Guam recently, I was blown away with their obsession with selfies. The stereotype is definitely true. They took pics/selfies every time they crossed a street or ate a meal.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I myself could care less about the "selfie" aspect of Lily. I was more impressed by the technology aspect of it. However, I did see another video that warned that new software(like Lily) usually has a lot of bugs in it and it takes some time to get them all ironed out. That is my guess as to why they may be pushing back the release date for Lily. If anyone remembers the 10mm Bren Ten auto pistol, it was pretty much the same thing. You had to put your order in before they could get enough orders to start manufacturing them. It was a bust.

Last edited:

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I myself could care less about the "selfie" aspect of Lily. I was more impressed by the technology aspect of it. However, I did see another video that warned that new software(like Lily) usually has a lot of bugs in it and it takes some time to get them all ironed out. That is my guess as to why they may be pushing back the release date for Lily. If anyone remembers the 10mm Bren Ten auto pistol, it was pretty much the same thing. You had to put your order in before they could get enough orders to start manufacturing them. It was a bust.

I wish I would've ordered one though. A Bren 10 is worth a fortune now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom