The Vetting - Holder 1995: We Must 'Brainwash' People on Guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/03/18/Holder-Fight-Guns-Like-Cigarettes
The Vetting - Holder 1995: We Must 'Brainwash' People on Guns
by Joel B. Pollak
2012/03/18

..."What we need to do is change the way in which people think about guns, especially young people, and make it something that's not cool, that it's not acceptable, it's not hip to carry a gun anymore, in the way in which we changed our attitudes about cigarettes."...

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fascinating article. The liberals create social chaos with welfare and their solution is to brainwash schoolchildren into disliking guns. Hope and change. Pardon me if I cling to my guns and bible. Wasn't it Senator Coburn who called Holden "brillant" or some similar compliment before voting to approve his appointment as Attorney General??

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fascinating article. The liberals create social chaos with welfare and their solution is to brainwash schoolchildren into disliking guns. Hope and change. Pardon me if I cling to my guns and bible. Wasn't it Senator Coburn who called Holden "brillant" or some similar compliment before voting to approve his appointment as Attorney General??

Well, they did it before with liquor, and we all know how that worked out for us.....

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Coburn's vote on six of Obama's appointees
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmations_of_Barack_Obama's_Cabinet

Jan. 21
Yea
Hillary Clinton State
94-2

Jan. 26
Nay
Timothy Geithner
Treasury
60-34

Feb. 2
Nay
Eric Holder
Att'y-Gen.
75-21
Feb. 24

Nay
Hilda Solis
Labor
80-17

March 18
Yea
Ron Kirk
Trade
92-5

April 28
Nay
Kathleen Sebelius
Health
65-31

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fascinating article. The liberals create social chaos with welfare and their solution is to brainwash schoolchildren into disliking guns. Hope and change. Pardon me if I cling to my guns and bible. Wasn't it Senator Coburn who called Holder "brillant" or some similar compliment before voting to approve his appointment as Attorney General??

No. Coburn was one of his main detractors during the confirmation hearings.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I missed the part where Holder used the term Brainwash. Unfortunately, if your education about firearms comes from Hollywood or the media then you'll have a misguided views about firearms and their use.

Antigonus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you guys realize the context of this speech was children carrying guns to school? Holder wasn't saying that the 2nd Amendment should be repealed or that guns are evil - he was specifically saying that kids need to be "brainwashed" into not thinking that they should carry guns or bring them to school. Context matters. I'm not a fan of Holder's stance on guns overall, but this video is depicting him doing something we should all agree needs to be done - addressing the overly violent influences of the media and the entertainment industry on kids.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you guys realize the context of this speech was children carrying guns to school? Holder wasn't saying that the 2nd Amendment should be repealed or that guns are evil - he was specifically saying that kids need to be "brainwashed" into not thinking that they should carry guns or bring them to school. Context matters. I'm not a fan of Holder's stance on guns overall, but this video is depicting him doing something we should all agree needs to be done - addressing the overly violent influences of the media and the entertainment industry on kids.

First off, kids do not need to be brainwashed on anything. They need to be educated. Holder wasn't educating them, he was expressing his views, which are virulently anti-gun under any context. Nice try.

Antigonus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"he was expressing his views"

Yes, that kids should be discouraged from bringing guns to school. It's unfortunate that you seem to dislike Holder so much that you can't see that he's right in this case.

Latest posts

Top Bottom