The Walking Dead....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And too precious to waste on zombies.

Absolutely. It would have to be some other flammable chemical, of which there are many, but for a small group, would likely be more dangerous to secure and transport.

I still would like to know why we have yet to see a single RPG, mini-gun, hell, just an M6 being used. All these military outpost that we have seen, rife with supplies, and we got 6-guns and shotties. A few cool guns for sure, but like Samuel L Jackson said "When you absolutely, positively gots to kill every mo fo in the room, A to the mother truckin' K".

A load of cedar trees, several hundred gallons of old oil (mcdonalds, truck stops, easy to find), and a some flares would cook those bastards into dust.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Plot choices are made to enhance drama on the screen, not portray reality lol.

The show would go nowhere if the prison had been encircled with concentric rings of fuel filled ditches, highway barriers, broken down car walls, mounted .50s and M240Bs with interlocking fields of fire and competent watch-standers armed with suppressed M4s with IR designators and NVGs.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're going to start throwing reality around, the zombie apocalypse wouldn't last more than a week or two.

I beg to differ. 7.3 billion people on earth. Say the virus has a 90% mortality rate, that leaves 730,000 million people to fight off the dead. By the time the dust settles, there will billions of zombies and a few hundred thousand survivors world wide. TWD is probably the single most accurate representation of a post apocalyptic world we have ever seen, only the zombies are the fantasy part. Everything is pretty damn close.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've actually seen a study using the zombie apocalypse, assuming that the dead reanimate as Z's, they theorized that all human life would end in just a matter of a few years, as the survivors got fewer and fewer. I'd like to think that a bunch of smart survivors could form a self sustaining safe haven. I'm not sure exactly how you would be able to put up walls that could withstand the crush of million of undead bodies.

I beg to differ. 7.3 billion people on earth. Say the virus has a 90% mortality rate, that leaves 730,000 million people to fight off the dead. By the time the dust settles, there will billions of zombies and a few hundred thousand survivors world wide. TWD is probably the single most accurate representation of a post apocalyptic world we have ever seen, only the zombies are the fantasy part. Everything is pretty damn close.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Plot choices are made to enhance drama on the screen, not portray reality lol.

The show would go nowhere if the prison had been encircled with concentric rings of fuel filled ditches, highway barriers, broken down car walls, mounted .50s and M240Bs with interlocking fields of fire and competent watch-standers armed with suppressed M4s with IR designators and NVGs.

Ha! You're kidding! I'd watch that!

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Where are you getting 90% mortality? Was that from FTWD?
At 90% mortality, after all the dust settles, every survivor would have to kill 100 zombies (assuming 10% of the survivors continue to survive). Yeah, that would take a couple of years.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've actually seen a study using the zombie apocalypse, assuming that the dead reanimate as Z's, they theorized that all human life would end in just a matter of a few years, as the survivors got fewer and fewer. I'd like to think that a bunch of smart survivors could form a self sustaining safe haven. I'm not sure exactly how you would be able to put up walls that could withstand the crush of million of undead bodies.

Those millions of undead bodies are scattered across hundreds of millions of square miles. So the likely hood of a million on your wall is remote. It's not like they are capable of organization. Not to mention that decay would leave only skeletons after a few months exposed to the weather.

In reality, a medieval style castle with stone walls and moat would be a formidable stronghold against the Zs assuming you had plenty of ammunition.

Latest posts

Top Bottom