The Watch Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody know anything about Nixon Watches? They seem to be decent, but still considered a fashion brand (started as a watch-company geared towards surfers/skateboarders):

[Broken External Image]

watch

thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp__0_mall_goodyonline_cabinet_nixon_a278_1426_2.jpg

Looks cool, I like that the controls are on the back side..I dont know about them, Ill look.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks cool, I like that the controls are on the back side..I dont know about them, Ill look.

I think they do that because they're marketed as "Active" watches by the surfer/skateboard guys/gals (keeps the knobs/crown away from your wrist if you wear a watch on the left-hand). I don't know how I'd like it or not, but to be honest I'm not able to convince myself to spend that much on what is basically a boutique brand with nothing extra going on for it.

I'm getting ready to order either this Pulsar:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005JT429C...colid=VW6UKD0F198V&coliid=IT8B4BFWLLFSR&psc=1

[Broken External Image]

Or possibly another Seiko Solar Chronograph / Diver (in Black/Yellow):

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006Y9BVRM...UTF8&colid=VW6UKD0F198V&coliid=I1JTYJQD4NLBHV

www.yorkshire_watches.co.uk_seiko_SSC021P1_front.jpg

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
UMB - Yes, the spinning machines are for the internal fly weight of the Automatics. Gotta love the complications and esp. the Grand Complications.

audiophile

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I bought this Fossil Retro Traveler last night.

s7d2_fossil_com__is_image_FossilPartners_CH2869_main_9cedd1e0f02ab1d388657cae30636c24._.jpg
I do like that one. Wife is gonna get me a new watch for my birthday. Got it narrowed down between two Fossils and a Relic. I really want a skeleton this time.
BTW been lurking on this thread for a while. I will post some pics of my current watches soon. Just had to send my Fossil in for repair. The hour hand came loose and just does whatever it wants. :eek:

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Guess I need to do the same, I have a basic OU fossil watch that is eating batteries. Not sure why. A battery will last less than 6 months and it runs slow. Like, 40 minutes over a day slow. Wonder if they can fix it. It's not an expensive watch, but has a lot of sentimental value and I would like to wear it.

I wear a Citizen Blue Angel Skyhawk as my daily watch. Great Watch. Worth every penny.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may need to just stay away from eBay for a bit.

Just picked up this guy for even less than the other one (I wasn't sure which I'd like better, so I thought I'd look for deals on both - one will likely be up for sale soon):

thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp__0_mall_watchking_cabinet_ga_100sd_8ajf_b.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom