There WAS Remington Golden at the south BA Walmart...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went grocery shopping there around 7:30 AM to beat the heat and crowds, and on a lark swung by the ammo counter. A fellow was buying what looked like three boxes of Remington Golden .22 in the 525 round bulk boxes, so I looked at the shelves. Lo and behold, there were two more boxes of the stuff, so I bought one for myself and one for a buddy I know has been looking for some .22 ammo for his son. I know RG isn't top quality ammo, but it was the first time I'd seen .22 ammo on the shelf in probably nine months! The employee told me they had stocked 12 boxes of the stuff this morning, and sold them all in half an hour.

Has anyone seen .22 ammo on a Walmart shelf lately?

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Just at that Walmart yesterday and was able to get some .40 which seems to be in stock recently. Haven't seen a box of any quantity of 22lr since late last year.

I can tell you, the newer boxes of GB seem to be the new and improved version and it shoots well through all my 22lr firearms. The stuff I bought a year or so ago, didn't shoot worth a crap. How much did they have them selling for? I have been buying them from Cabelas for around 21.99

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I still have not seen .22 at any walmart. Owasso walmart as of sunday morning about 8am had two boxes of .25 acp and lots and lots of hunting rifle caliber ammo. 300WSM, etc.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
nada. none. zero. unless you hit academy on truck days. M W and F in Edmond. a 745 arrival should net you a brick. Although the restrictions have been lifted on most everything, bricks of .22lr have not been. The 50 ct boxes...you can buy 2.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just came from this Walmart; while grocery shopping, I swung by the ammo counter in time to see four guys buying three boxes each of Winchester Super X .22 LR , 100 rounds per box. Looked like the total on three boxes was $19 and change.

They had eight boxes left as of about 7:15 AM.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I just came from this Walmart; while grocery shopping, I swung by the ammo counter in time to see four guys buying three boxes each of Winchester Super X .22 LR , 100 rounds per box. Looked like the total on three boxes was $19 and change.

They had eight boxes left as of about 7:15 AM.

I am still surprised people are waiting at the counters early in the morning waiting for ammo. As long as people keep doing this the shelves will remain bare. I guess in the big picture it doesn't matter to me since Walmart has raised their prices. I can still buy my .40 and 9mm and 22lr from cabelas cheaper than Walmart has theirs priced after taxes. It just sucks for the everyday shooter that wants to take his kids out or just wants to relax at the range. I shop at this Walmart and almost 90% of the time, the shelves are bare of any common round and I haven't seen 22lr since last year.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I am still surprised people are waiting at the counters early in the morning waiting for ammo. As long as people keep doing this the shelves will remain bare. I guess in the big picture it doesn't matter to me since Walmart has raised their prices. I can still buy my .40 and 9mm and 22lr from cabelas cheaper than Walmart has theirs priced after taxes. It just sucks for the everyday shooter that wants to take his kids out or just wants to relax at the range. I shop at this Walmart and almost 90% of the time, the shelves are bare of any common round and I haven't seen 22lr since last year.

And as long as people keep paying the crazy reseller prices.

TulsaGeoff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot ~500rds 3 times a month for steel challenge matches. It sucks trying to find ammo. Sometimes the only option is to pay $35-40 for a brick, whether that be from resellers or online retailers charging an arm and leg for shipping. That being said, I have had an order from sportmansoutdoor for 5,000 rounds of eley ammo since December and it still has not shipped... Nor have I seen Blazer bulk since February online anywhere. Something has got to change.

Latest posts

Top Bottom