Thinking about moving again .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@THAT Gurl
My wife has similar problems as you but not as debilitating, and she’s had all kinds of doctors give her what I call “bandaids”. They mask her symptoms for a while and make her think they know what they’re doing to get her to continue coming back. In my uneducated opinion, her weight is the biggest part of her problem if not the whole problem, but not one single doctor has ever mentioned it to her. They just keep prescribing stuff and collecting copays.

I'm also not what one would call "trim" but I have lost 25 pounds in the last 5, 6 weeks. When I started on this elimination diet this time (I've tried them before) I wasn't near as strict as I've been with this one. Basically all I am eating right now is roasted chicken, mashed potatoes or rice and a green veggie or salad with no dressing because I'm tired of tossing back up food that isn't bland and tasteless (sorry for the visual). I will have to admit I'm not throwing up as much now as I was a month ago so that is good. This really isn't the way to lose weight -- I'd really like to be able to exercise some -- but until I get under 140, about 20 more pounds -- I'll not worry too much.

I understand completely about the bandaid thing. I honestly believe I'm pushing the doctors for answers and/or the logic behind their treatment and they don't like that. Doesn't do any good to treat the nausea and vomiting if the pain that causes it in the first place is still there. What about what IS CAUSING the pain in the first place?? The looks I get when I ask if we can not ignore the UNDERLYING CAUSE while we are treating the symptom. 🤷

I'm so sorry y'all are going through this too. And you ARE -- there have been so many times I've disappointed Scott because I just CAN'T suck it up and do the thing he wants to go do anymore. I'd love to shoot matches again, for example. That was THE THING we did together as a couple.

Last edited:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you tried to find a good internist for your primary care dr?

Ok I'm not being catty but how many do I need to see before I find a "good" one?? I'd have to go back and check but I think I've seen roughly a half dozen or so internists over the last 25 years.

Honestly, I feel like every doctor in the OKC area knows my name. Lol

If this functional doc from Cali can't help me -- I'll give him 6 to 8 months -- then I'm gonna try Mayo Clinic. If THAT doesn't help then I'm gonna do some traveling. So ... While I'm giving these guys a chance to help me out, I'm also doing my research and getting my ducks in a row so when it comes time to go overseas I'm ready. What I am NOT gonna do is lay in bed and wait to die. That **** ain't gonna work for me. I'm too young to just roll over and give up.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well hell, I haven't up that way in a long time. Why did they do that?
Cutbacks and an aging fleet that they don’t want to replace. I used to take the Alaska ferry from Prince Rupert to Ketchikan every summer to see my son & grandson. Much cheaper then taking the 36 hour ferry run from Bellingham to Ketchikan. Lots of folks in southeast Alaska used it. They suspended that run when covid hit. Now they are saying that Alaska ferry’s don’t meet the standards for docking at a foreign port.

Latest posts

Top Bottom