Thinking 'bout gettin' a new Glock...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well we went to re-qualify on the pistol range this past Saturday. I had my good ol' handy, dandy 2nd gen Glock 22, and I did something that I've never done before...

I shot a 100!!! :woohoo1:

So. That's got me thinking :idea: that maybe I need to let go of the old and reach out for the new for my off duty/CCW weapon as well and make it a Glock too.

Currently, I usually carry a good ol' wheelgun off duty since my 2nd gen G22 is a department issue. If I had to use it in a situation other than work, I feel like I could suffer some big time problems using an "official" state owned weapon for "UN-official" business...such as off-duty use. I dunno. :ugh2:

Regardless, in order to keep such hypothetical situations to a minimum, I simply choose not to carry the dept. issue Glock off duty.

Therefore, since I did so well at the range with a Glock, I think I'll buy another for my off-duty/CCW weapon and sadly, turn loose of my good ol' sixgun that I usually carry. :cry3:

Right now, I'm currently kicking around the idea of either an A) used 3rd gen Glock 22...or B) a used 2nd gen Glock 23...or C) a BRAND NEW OD Green Glock 37.

All three guns are about the same price ($400) so that's not an issue. What is is the holster and ammo differences. I have plenty of .40 S&W ammo and G22 holsters, so the 3rd gen G22 sounds like the logical choice.

But...I really like the smaller size of the G23 and it being a 2nd gen model is a nice touch too. But I would hafta buy some G23 holster(s). Oh sure, I could use G22 holsters and just ignore the half inch of space at the bottom...I guess. :grumble:

But...everybody knows me and OD Green :rolleyes2 and I've always said that if I had the extra scratch, I would buy a Glock 37 simply because the gun was conceived and developed by my good pals at Glock, INC. :bowdown:

The ammo thing with the .45 GAP won't be that big of an issue, because Bud's has Winchester 185gr Silvertips for $40 for a 50 round box. That's about as cheap as any other caliber for 50 rounds. My local dealer also has hardball/shoot 'em up stuff (Lawman brand) for $17/50 round box. So the ammo thingie that most find fault with as far as the .45 GAP is concerned is GTG.

So what say you OSA? Which Glock should I get?

Your comments please. :D

:thanku:

Ride Da Fire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
C) a BRAND NEW OD Green Glock 37
[Broken External Image]

Question: You don't like the 3rd Gen 23?

I sold all my glocks to help my mom with the hospital bills, I tell you what I was hard to let them go. My favorite carry were, G26, G19 and G23 all 3rd gen. Probably in the next month or so I will buy a 19 4th gen and G23 4 gen in OD, that way I can use my old milt-spark holster that fit for both guns :)

ChrisC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i heard the 4th generation triggers aren't as good as the older ones...

just a tidbit..

i have 2 22's and a 23.. both the 22's have warren tactical sights.. my 23 is a off duty carry gun..

code 4 has trade in glock 22's for $350 (night sights and 3 mags) with letterhead you can have it shipped to your department. i have one and it was in great shape...

and if i remember correctly glock is discontinuing the OD green stuff..

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
C) a BRAND NEW OD Green Glock 37
[Broken External Image]

Question: You don't like the 3rd Gen 23?

No, the finger grooves on the 3rd gen 23s mess with my hands. :disappoin They are closer together (obviously) and don't set right in my hand. The full size gun's finger grooves feel much better.

I vote for B.

I'm kinda leaning thataway too, but I'd sure like to own a G37, just because Glock made 'em. :respect:

Besides...it's OD! :w000t:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i heard the 4th generation triggers aren't as good as the older ones...

just a tidbit..

i have 2 22's and a 23.. both the 22's have warren tactical sights.. my 23 is a off duty carry gun..

code 4 has trade in glock 22's for $350 (night sights and 3 mags) with letterhead you can have it shipped to your department. i have one and it was in great shape...

and if i remember correctly glock is discontinuing the OD green stuff..

Yet another reason I want one! :thumb:

I owned a 4th gen G22 for a little while. I was less than impressed. :disappoin