Thinking 'bout gettin' a new Glock...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Evan, if my model 38 is up for adoption, figure out which Glock you want and I will see if I have it in the safe. We have got to get you some counseling!!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Evan, if my model 38 is up for adoption, figure out which Glock you want and I will see if I have it in the safe. We have got to get you some counseling!!

Nope. The model 38 Bodyguard will NEVER leave my clutches again. You can carve that statement into stone, boys and girls! :teach: Of all the seller's remorse I have experienced over the years, selling that lil' humpback was by far the biggest hole in my heart I ever experienced. One that I shall never feel again. But thanks for the offer. :D

I was gonna go with the 2nd gen Glock 23 (another pistol I really miss) but again I decided on the OD Glock 37. Like I said in an earlier post...the Glock 37, 38 & 39 are three pistols that I think every hardcore Glockaholic should own. I mean, c'mon...it was created by Glock! :ugh2:

GED, he can also take the finger grooves off a 3rd Gen if you can't find a 2nd Gen

Yeah, I know. The full size gun's fingergrooves don't bother me. It's the mid sized guns that do. Besides...I just like the looks of the 2nd gen Glock 23 better than the 3rd gen. :rolleyes2

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does the 2nd Gen have a rail?

Nope. No rail. Which, IMHO is a kind of worthless item. I guess it's a "good" thing to be able to mount a light on your weapon, but I for one, see too many "cons" versus "pros" with a light mounted on your weapon. :disappoin

First and foremost, let's look at the rule about not pointing your weapon at something you don't intend to shoot/kill/destroy. Remember that one? If you illuminate the "bump in the night" that turns out to be your 6 year old daughter/son going to the bathroom, you've just compromised their well being. For this simple reason, if none other, I use a hand held flashlight.

Secondly, I think when you get your trigger finger doing more than one task, it's a recipe for disaster. My trigger finger has ONE job...to pull the trigger! Oh sure, you can switch the light off and on with your off gun hand, I reckon, but that's kinda cumbersome too.

And lastly, unless the light mounted on your weapon is used solely for night stand duty, you gotta have a holster for a weapon lighted pistol. This ******** some guys spew about how they can draw their weapon, attach the light and be on target in mere seconds is a crock. :screwy: They've obviously only done it on the range and not when the pucker factor of an armed encounter with an assailant right in front of you comes into play. Because I'm here to tell ya, one minute your gun is in your holster and the next is presented downrange. You ain't coordinated enough to mount that light onto your gun with a bad guy just feet away.

Yes, it happens...Just. That. Fast.

Usually and as always, YMMV. :respect:

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This ******** some guys spew about how they can draw their weapon, attach the light and be on target in mere seconds is a crock. :screwy: You ain't coordinated enough to mount that light onto your gun with a bad guy just feet away.

GD, its because of the ice'n you still have on your hand after eating the donut we see with you in your avatar pic...:D

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GD, its because of the ice'n you still have on your hand after eating the donut we see with you in your avatar pic...:D

Well, you know me!

Give me liberty...or give me donuts!

awww.everydaynodaysoff.com_wp_content_uploads_2010_03_Guns_Donuts_Homer_Sign.jpg