Thinking 'bout gettin' a new Glock...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get one just like your duty gun and keep it. Buy other guns if you like, trafe other guns, but get one just like your duty gun and keep it. You want to practice exactly like you are going to play. Change as few things as possible and you will see more of those 100s!

Get a j-frame just for playing around.

I've got my one and only J frame - my model 38 Airweight Bodyguard. Whenever I'm vertical, it's in my pocket. ;)

And that's what I got to thinkin' too about the same gun on duty as off. That's why I tossed away the idea of the Glock 37 and am going with the 2nd gen Glock 23 for my CCW/off-duty weapon to accompany my duty/dept. issue 2nd gen Glock 22. Same holsters/same mags/same ammo...basically.

lets think about this;

score 100, change guns.

???

See above Mikey. :D

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
lets think about this;

score 100, change guns.

???

If I read his post correctly, he scored the 100 with his issued G22, but carried a wheelie off duty. And since he scored 100 with the G22, NOT the wheelie, he's considering replacing the off duty gun with a gun like what he shot the 100 with. So, IIRC, wise move.

more like, "score 100, consolidate guns"

Am I with you on that GED?

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I read his post correctly, he scored the 100 with his issued G22, but carried a wheelie off duty. And since he scored 100 with the G22, NOT the wheelie, he's considering replacing the off duty gun with a gun like what he shot the 100 with. So, IIRC, wise move.

more like, "score 100, consolidate guns"

Am I with you on that GED?

Precisely. I figure if I can shoot 100 with the 2nd gen/dept. issue Glock 22 then I need to sell my snubbie (which I only shoot roughly mid to upper 80's with) and get a 2nd gen Glock 23. Which is basically the same gun, just a slightly smaller version.

The idea of the Glock 37 swam around in my head for a long time. Mainly because it was OD Green (if you gotta ask, you wouldn't understand :rolleyes2) and it was a gun/caliber created by Glock. I wanted the G37 simply for the conceptual reason.

Yeah...I know. :screwy:

But the more I thought about it, weighing the pros and cons, the 2nd gen Glock 23 came out as the wiser move. ;)

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Evan, are we seriously talking about this again... LOL, we have this conversation allllllllllllllll the damn time! I told you years ago to just keep that precious 2nd gen G23 that meant so much to you, but you didn't listen.

I'll tell you what you need to get. Get yourself a G34 :) I bought one and that thing is my new favorite gun :D

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Evan, are we seriously talking about this again... LOL, we have this conversation allllllllllllllll the damn time! I told you years ago to just keep that precious 2nd gen G23 that meant so much to you, but you didn't listen.

I'll tell you what you need to get. Get yourself a G34 :) I bought one and that thing is my new favorite gun :D

I think we've all had the same talk with Evan, and its always the same out come. He buy's, he sell's, he buy's, he sell's, he buy's he sell's. Heck he even got rid of his J-frame at one time, and was damn lucky to get it back.