Thinking of buying a fishing boat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikesB12

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had 3 different jet boats and a Crownline ski boat, but have been wanting a bass boat. I really like the aluminum made hulls like the Trackers and G3 boats have. 17' or so and 90 HP should work just fine.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had 3 different jet boats and a Crownline ski boat, but have been wanting a bass boat. I really like the aluminum made hulls like the Trackers and G3 boats have. 17' or so and 90 HP should work just fine.

I have the 18.5 Tracker with revolution hull. One of the smoothest boats I've ever been In. The 75 hp takes it to 43 mph.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an 18' GatorTough jonboat with a center console and a 60 hp Yamaha. It was a smooth, stable boat as long as the water wasn't too rough, and made for a nice fishing platform.

But I have to admit the money that I got from selling the boat was put to FAR better use when I bought a compact tractor.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm also a huge fan of aluminum boats. I currently have a 1964 Starcraft 14' V-hull with a newer 30HP Evinrude on it.

With gear and another person, It goes around 30mph, with no gear and just me I can get it up close to 40mph.

Latest posts

Top Bottom