Homemade Boat's and rafts (Share what you have built)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was a kid I lived on the SE side of Okc. There was a motorcycle shop near SE 29th. I grabbed a piece of foam that was used for shipping motorcycles that was near the dumpster. It was about 4’x12’ and about 18” thick. After a rain, Lightning Creek would fill up with water and I’d ride my “raft” from near my house all the way to the park just south of 29th street.

SdoubleA

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ha! Couple hours with swampratt and MacGyver would be applying for assistant... :D
:drunk2:

Hmmmm.... y'all
167274277_10208420037495192_8699493421461169296_n.jpg
think swamprat built this?

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Somewhere on the bottom of the Deep Fork river just south of Warwick you might find a 55 gal oil drum with the side cut out of it. At one time it had a wooden outrigger but am sure that is long gone. Thinking it must have been around 1957 when my cousin and I dreamed up the idea of turning a make shift cow feeder into a raft. We didn't get very far before the outrigger gave up and our raft was on the bottom.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also remember my step dad and an uncle built an aluminum boat. Used a Crosley engine complete with transmission. About all I remember is it leaked and wasn't around for very long.

murphranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere on the bottom of the Deep Fork river just south of Warwick you might find a 55 gal oil drum with the side cut out of it. At one time it had a wooden outrigger but am sure that is long gone. Thinking it must have been around 1957 when my cousin and I dreamed up the idea of turning a make shift cow feeder into a raft. We didn't get very far before the outrigger gave up and our raft was on the bottom.

My dad fed Mormons liquid feed in 4’x6’x 3’ deep ’red tubs that had a lid with 4 wheels that were 1/4 exposed on top. We would take the lid off, put them in a pond and fashion a paddle or push poke from whatever we could find. Lots of good times until we sank a few and dad started questioning where they went.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom