This disgusts me to no end!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drive thtough 24 red lights over 14 miles each way to work. I'd bet 3/5 drivers are on their phone doing something. I love it when a light turns green and the guy/gal in front of me just sits there staring at his/her crotch. Then you "toot" your horn and they go ballistic. I've seen it all.

Same thing happened to me last week. I gave them a honk, and then they rode my ass to my daughter's day care. Girl was driving flat billed punk kid got out (I assume her boyfriend), and stood there with his arms crossed. I calmly picked up my phone and ignored him. Called my wife and then stepped out of my truck. He asked if I had a problem, and I said into my phone, "Honey, I've got to go, this young man is about to get embarrassed in front of his girlfriend." I then hung up the phone and asked him if he's ever had his ass beat so bad he **** his pants. He said no and I told him he was about to get to find out, get back in your car and leave.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me last week. I gave them a honk, and then they rode my ass to my daughter's day care. Girl was driving flat billed punk kid got out (I assume her boyfriend), and stood there with his arms crossed. I calmly picked up my phone and ignored him. Called my wife and then stepped out of my truck. He asked if I had a problem, and I said into my phone, "Honey, I've got to go, this young man is about to get embarrassed in front of his girlfriend." I then hung up the phone and asked him if he's ever had his ass beat so bad he **** his pants. He said no and I told him he was about to get to find out, get back in your car and leave.
lmao!

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not because of the $20 fine. It's because of the insurance rate increases after that ticket, just like the increases after failure to give full attention to driving (the current law on the books).

Revenue generation......you cant regulate morality Or common sense.
Nothing less than taking a hand, would solve this problem.

Theres already phones with talk to text...Most, I believe.
I believe most of the new ,upscale vehicles come with internet connections,....built in the dash...that's a good idea.?

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if this passes they can pull you over even if you aren't on your phone. get your ticket and fight it in court, which means your phone records will likely be subpoenaed and entered to the court for record. all they have to do is raise the fine for inattentive driving and enforce it, but the burden of proof is still on you(your word versus an officer of the law, for which 9 times out of 10 the judge will side with the officer). either way, the state will get more money and have little effect on how much people use their phone while driving. we lose all around.....but, officer safety.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
As long as the law applies to the officers it's designed to protect, I'm all for it. Dude was going to jail either way, having a texting specific law on the books wouldn't make a difference.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it will never apply to officers(doesn't in CA and other states). They have radios, but they are "trained" and thus exempt, and will continue to use their cell phones.

Latest posts

Top Bottom