This is why my right knee doesn't work as it should.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1699653030104.png

I had a blast on this in the 80's. A lot of trails in the Missouri state parks and MX tracks across NE Oklahoma and SE Kansas. Snapped my right ACL and was out of work for 6 months. That was a trying time for me and my spouse. Spouse did not survive it. She was served the big D papers at work.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like Yamahas, but free CR500s were hard to turn down. I had a couple Suzuki rm465s. Great bikes. I have rode a couple of YZ 490s too. I love Dirt Bikes, they were my love and hurt me bad at the same time.
I rode with a guy who was an absolute performer on the CR500. He did things on it that was not seen until the late 90's on TV.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a RM250 back in the mid 80's for about an hour. I'd ridden or owned several bikes by then, but that thing scared the crap outta me. Way too much power for my dumb azz.
My ACL was the result of having the 125 head ported and polished. The powerband was a lot closer than what I used too. That thing was scary.

Latest posts

Top Bottom