Thoughts on Glock 17 RTF

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USSWaddell

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone bought one and/or does anyone have experience with this new model? I've seen them on GunBroker but haven't seen one in local shops. Have you?

gsarg

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't plan on owning one. I like the grip texture, but those fish gill serrations have to go. Talking about a solution looking for a problem (and ugly as sin). I'm sure mechanically they are great.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a G22 RTF. I prefer the grip and contrary to ugliness.... the fish gill serrations actually are more "grippy" than the stock ones.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I handled one briefly but didn't really get to try out the slide serrations. If GMThunder says they grip better than the old ones I'll take his word for it....he's no dummy.
The frame is a definite improvement over all other variations they've produced thus far. It's like grip tape, but of course it never slides around and doesn't have to be replaced.
I like it a lot.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've handled a few of them ( not shot one yet though) for what I do with one Im out!!
If you carried it in a IWB I believe it would "chew up" all your shirts in no time at all. I think the shirt would also "bunch up" on the grip and cause it to print very bad.

Now for LEO's or open carry and for a "gaming" gun it would be very good.
I'd like to have one in a G35 or G24 size.
My 2c.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've handled a few of them ( not shot one yet though) for what I do with one Im out!!
If you carried it in a IWB I believe it would "chew up" all your shirts in no time at all. I think the shirt would also "bunch up" on the grip and cause it to print very bad.

Now for LEO's or open carry and for a "gaming" gun it would be very good.
I'd like to have one in a G35 or G24 size.
My 2c.

A big +1 on this.

I looked at one at H&H not long after the 22s cames out. It felt great in the hand was really grippy and didn't move around. I was excited about them until Will took it and ran it up his arm and it grabbed his shirt sleeve and pulled it up the whole way up. It would worry about it gripping your cover and printing.

If you won't be carrying it they would be great.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the worries of carrying one are exaggerated. I carry a 1911 with golfballing (significantly more pointed than the RTF frame) and with G10 VZ Operator grips. Dunno if anyone has seen these but these are pretty rough. I've never had a problem with snags or rubbing my side raw or anything. The RTF frame really isn't that rough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom