three-point slings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The key to having a tight fit on a 2-point is attaching it to the rear of the receiver instead of the rear of the stock - this makes for most of the rear weight being attached to your chest.

Mine is attached to a QD point just behind the receiver and just ahead of the receiver - I can adjust the VTAC to snug up against my chest without any movement (Its so tight, it makes it impossible to mount the rifle), but with the Vickers, it doesn't allow for a short enough adjustment to get it that tight, but its also probably 3x the sling for very similar money and since I'm not on an ATV and rarely need the sling that tight, I went with a Vickers, but my son's AR has a VTAC on it and its perfect for him and he's only 8 - so if it will snug to him, I'm guessing it will snug to anyone.

In my opinion, with the attachment points just ahead and just behind the receiver, there's no tighter fit on an AR sling - or at least not one that eliminates movement as well (I hike around all over the woods with my AR and through some swampy and brushy areas for hunting hogs). I had a velcro 3-point and used a friend's single point and at first, tried the two-point at the standard places (but-stock and sling-swivel under the front sight block) and none worked nearly as well as a two-point with the attachment points at the back of the barrel/front of the upper and right behind the lower/at the retainer plate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom