three-point slings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osage48

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking for a high quality three-point sling to use on my CAR-15 while I am riding an ATV. I like the rifle slung across my chest.

Where can I find a high quality sling that does not velcro to the butt stock?

Thanks!

Spiff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both of those slings have a great reputation, but they are quick-adjust 2 points.

Yep, but they pretty much negate any reason to get a three-point. Both of those would work great for ATV use - could either sling cross chest, muzzle down, and tighten, or sling across back, muzzle up, and tighten - no need to get a three-point and have the giant mess of webbing.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, but they pretty much negate any reason to get a three-point. Both of those would work great for ATV use - could either sling cross chest, muzzle down, and tighten, or sling across back, muzzle up, and tighten - no need to get a three-point and have the giant mess of webbing.

Ditto....I hate being bound and strapped into a 3-point. The VCAS is the heat.

Osage48

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like they would be bouncing off the gas tank all the time. They hand down below the guys waist. I think a three-point is better for my needs.

Spiff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's because they haven't been tightened up. My VTAC is adjusted on my 18" AR to where during normal use it hangs outside my body after it crosses around the left point of my hip. When it's tightened down, it hangs outside of my body crossing at about my bottom left rib.

But, by all means, if you think a 3-point would work better for you, go for it. Just trying to provide some options for you.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is no way a 3 point would be more secure then one of the two slings Spiff linked properly adjusted.

Osage48

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I appreciate everyone's advice. I have a three-point sling now and it works fine except that it attaches to the butt using a velcro strap. Occasionally the strap comes loose. If this sling connected to the sling eyelets, it would be just fine.

Beercules, I think the Specter will fit my application fine, thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom