Thunder Stadium Vote

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There may be exceptions in the NBA, but in the Thunder arena, there is an invocation led by a local clergy, followed by a respectful presentation of the National Anthem. No one kneels and most have their hand over their heart. Just sayin' There is a good culture within the Thunder organization. JME.

I was really talking about the NBA in general. Im sure the Thunder are the least lib of all the teams.

I love football, but I dont watch the NFL anymore either.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the 30th anniversary of the one penny sales tax that was supposed to expire after 5 years. OKC will always find something we must have or we will cease to exist. They are still trying to figure out why the National Finals Rodeo left OKC for Vegas in the 1970s. How long will it take OKC to recover the $950 million it will borrow to pay for the arena? I guess we will have to build the Thunder another multi million practice facility to go with the new arena too. The players have no team loyalty. The lineup changes every year. The teams have no city loyalty unless you shell out millions of dollars for a new arena every once in awhile. I don’t really have a dog in the hunt. I don’t follow basketball. I have never been in the “old” arena or even watched a Thunder game on TV. It matters little to me whether they stay or go. I didn’t vote at all. I just wonder what could be done for OKC with $950 million that really mattered. I go out of my way to spend as much of my money outside OKC as possible. They can stuff their penny.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't watch sports of any kind. If I ever have to buy something in OKC I don't want to support something I don't care about. If OKC fell off the face of the earth I wouldn't miss it. That's what I think about every city.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the 30th anniversary of the one penny sales tax that was supposed to expire after 5 years. OKC will always find something we must have or we will cease to exist. They are still trying to figure out why the National Finals Rodeo left OKC for Vegas in the 1970s. How long will it take OKC to recover the $950 million it will borrow to pay for the arena? I guess we will have to build the Thunder another multi million practice facility to go with the new arena too. The players have no team loyalty. The lineup changes every year. The teams have no city loyalty unless you shell out millions of dollars for a new arena every once in awhile. I don’t really have a dog in the hunt. I don’t follow basketball. I have never been in the “old” arena or even watched a Thunder game on TV. It matters little to me whether they stay or go. I didn’t vote at all. I just wonder what could be done for OKC with $950 million that really mattered. I go out of my way to spend as much of my money outside OKC as possible. They can stuff their penny.
The mayor said the other day that even if the team sells there staying here supposedly so that tells me there were already plans to sell so this new arena definitely makes the team more attractive to a new owner, glad the taxpayers helped the current owners out.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Las Vegas
Nah. Personally, I like having a professional team associated to my home state. Too bad going to a game is more of a luxury given costs. IMO - you have to have modern facilities to help persuade players committing to OKC isn't a bad thing. What I think we really have against us is pretty much no night life and I mean like LA or Miami kinda scene. Most of those young players making millions would prefer that lifestyle/city to ours. just my opinion.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of the Maps Sales Tax fiascos, the "bicycle bridge to nowhere" at Wilshire and Northwest Expressway which l have only seen 5 people use since it was opened is already undergoing repair work on the the bridge. There was a hydraulic hoe with a boom mounted jack hammer in there yesterday tearing out the protective wall on the South side of the bridge and blocking one lane of east bound traffic. On the north side of the bridge they have put support scaffolding under one of the spans to hold it up, due to stress cracks from what l was told.

Just more wasted tax payer funds due a bad case of we wants and we needs the taxpayers to build this for us.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nah. Personally, I like having a professional team associated to my home state. Too bad going to a game is more of a luxury given costs. IMO - you have to have modern facilities to help persuade players committing to OKC isn't a bad thing. What I think we really have against us is pretty much no night life and I mean like LA or Miami kinda scene. Most of those young players making millions would prefer that lifestyle/city to ours. just my opinion.
I still think they will leave, Vegas or somebody will just buy them out of the lease with Okc and there will be a billion dollar stadium setting there vacant half the time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom