Thunder Stadium Vote

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What are the current and past statistics at the current arena? Is every game sold out? Have most games been sold out over the years? There's no talk of more parking, more restaurants or more lodging...........just more seats. If they haven't been consistently sold out over the years, I'd say no way. I know way too many folks who run down to a Thunder game on a whim, so I know they're not sold out.
I don't think the attendance has been consistent since Durant and Westbrook left.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally, I wouldn't give the Thunders a damn thing. They were one of the reasons that the legislature didn't refer the RTKBA amendment to the people for a vote. They threatened to leave our state if the legislature did this. I have not forgiven them and I don't think I will ever support them.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMO, I would cater to the horse and livestock shows, we let the PBR get away to Vegas, and that was a real money maker. The way they run the Thunder, constantly changing players, you just don't feel like they are your team, the spirit is gone. When people say the Thunder brings in a lot of money, maybe it used to, but now with the crime in Bricktown, I'm not sure that's true. But when a horse show comes to town those people are from rural areas, they shop, eat, and drink, and no crime, that's the future.

This. Get Conservative leaning things here. Not Burn loot murder crap.

We should lobby to get the NRA convention here too.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The way they run the Thunder, constantly changing players, you just don't feel like they are your team, the spirit is gone.

^^^ This. Presti has turned the Thunder into an NBA farm team. I completely lost all interest when Big Kiwi left and it had dwindled considerably before that. They just aren't what they were when they had a shot for the playoffs consistently.

ETA: I won't be voting for the tax extension on a matter of principle. But I don't consider it a big deal if it passes. We are paying for it now and besides, if they drop it, something else will come along and it'll go right back into place. The Thunder have a history here now, I'd just as soon keep them instead of trying some other hairbrained idea.

Last edited:

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t like it, but if they want to keep them in OKC it probably needs to pass.

Like it or not, they have the stroke and the juice. YMMV

I don’t live in OKC and after 2020 I no longer follow the NBA, but it’s a money maker for OKC and the vendors in that area. It would be a net plus for OKC if it passes.

Opinions may vary.
Even if it passes and we fund it, no commitment that they will stay. Only a 4.5% commitment on the part of the team owners, also will not significantly increase employment (old jobs will simply be relocated.) I seriously doubt Oklahoma Architects and construction firms will be used. This economy is in the toilet, inflation and interest rates are going up, cost will wind up being greater than 900 million. NBA game attendance is down too. A billionaire bailout. Also probably cost them more than 50 million to rebrand and relocate, so probably wont see them leave. If the stadium were profitable the NBA, the owners and or private money would build it.

The mayor should be ashamed to ask the OKC residents for this since 90% have never attended a game. Crony Capitalism.

Last edited:

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even if it passes and we fund it, no commitment that they will stay. Only a 4.5% commitment on the part of the team owners, also will not significantly increase employment (old jobs will simply be relocated.) I seriously doubt Oklahoma Architects and construction firms will be used. This economy is in the toilet, inflation and interest rates are going up, cost will wind up being greater than 900 million. NBA game attendance is down too. A billionaire bailout. Also probably cost them more than 50 million to rebrand and relocate, so probably wont see them leave. If the stadium were profitable the NBA, the owners and or private money would build it.

The mayor should be ashamed to ask the OKC residents for this since 90% have never attended a game. Crony Capitalism.
Had no idea they were planning on spending 900 million on it. Didn't Jerry World cost a billion when he had it built? I realize that's been 15 years ago and everything has skyrocketed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom