Tire choice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife’s car, a 2021 Lincoln Nautilus, has 265/40R x 21 tires on it. Vehicle is relatively light and ride is lousy. Looking to replace the tires with something with better ride. We don’t drive the car much, maybe 6,000 a year, so ride comfort trumps tire wear. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A tire place should be able recommend smaller rims and fatter tires that will get you close to the same overall oem size.

At least Hibdon Tires is able to do that. It will throw your speedometer off a bit tho

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife’s car, a 2021 Lincoln Nautilus, has 265/40R x 21 tires on it. Vehicle is relatively light and ride is lousy. Looking to replace the tires with something with better ride. We don’t drive the car much, maybe 6,000 a year, so ride comfort trumps tire wear. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Do yourself a favor and go to an actual knowledgeable Tire store like Discount Tire and weigh the cost pf smaller wheels and good tires. 21 inch tires are overpriced and if any case of an emergency they are mostly nowhere to be found.

I would NEVER use a hibdons again since being owned by firestone. 99% only know that tires are black and have holes in them. Ive been in the aftermarket wheel and tire industry for over 40 years. If my truck was on fire in front of a hibdons, I would still push it down the street.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-18 123746.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-18 123746.png
    239.2 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom