Tire choice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

db5

Marksman
Reaction score
A tire place should be able recommend smaller rims and fatter tires that will get you close to the same overall oem size.

At least Hibdon Tires is able to do that. It will throw your speedometer off a bit tho
NOT Hibdon. Once were good but now owned by Florida-based Morgan Tire & Auto Inc. BAD BAD BAD! Check Discount Tire. AND be careful of going to smaller rims and fatter tires. Ride may be better but you are messing with the steering and engineering. Discount Tires will match or beat any offer. Plus don't beleive any of that stuff about needing to replace after 5 years.

mmerrill

It makes sense if you don't think about it.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Once you narrow down what you want it's worth it to price check onlinetires.com. I've been using them for our fleet vehicles for the past 3-4 years. They're out of California but they ship free (I've got them the next day before) and they don't charge tax.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NOT Hibdon. Once were good but now owned by Florida-based Morgan Tire & Auto Inc. BAD BAD BAD! Check Discount Tire. AND be careful of going to smaller rims and fatter tires. Ride may be better but you are messing with the steering and engineering. Discount Tires will match or beat any offer. Plus don't beleive any of that stuff about needing to replace after 5 years.
Morgan sold out to Bridgestone/Firestone years ago. so its even worse. They keep using the Hibdon name because it used to mean quality. and honest dealings Not anymore

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In Owasso Hibdon tire prices are highest by a mile. I was shocked. Discount tire offer was by far the best for the Michelin tires I bought

Latest posts

Top Bottom