Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wif's car has been needing tires. I been looking at what's available. I screwed up when bought the car, didn't look at the tires. It has 19". The worst for selection and price.

Found some on Craigslist. Guy ordered online for his Wif's car. Before they came in, she traded cars.

They are 20s, same price I would have paid for just tires. Bolt on and done.

I like the look.

Factory
20221108_154453.jpg

New

20221108_155747.jpg

20221108_155739.jpg

Went from a 235-45-19 to a 255-35-20
same ride height.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bet you will hate the ride. Go out of your way to avoid potholes. I do like the black wheels with that color vehicle.

We liked my wife’s accord sport, other than the 19 wheels and tires. Made the ride awful, and the tires expensive. We sold it, will be replacing the 18s on my wife’s new car with 17s. More sidewall please :)

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bet you will hate the ride. Go out of your way to avoid potholes. I do like the black wheels with that color vehicle.

We liked my wife’s accord sport, other than the 19 wheels and tires. Made the ride awful, and the tires expensive. We sold it, will be replacing the 18s on my wife’s new car with 17s. More sidewall please :)
THIS!^^^^^^

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What, no low profile 22's with spinners?

Tires are expensive. Reminder to self, use throttle more judiciously. 520 HP, 440 ft/lbs of torque are not good for Pirelli's life span.

But I do still get 17 mpg city, 27 mpg highway.

Looks good! Like the contrast of the wheels with the gold paint.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like. Great find Turkey!
I needed tires for my Tundra and found that Jeep Gladiator new take offs fit perfect. Just the tires, not the rims. I bought a set of new for $250, sold the aluminum rims to the scrap place in the city for $65, tossed the metal spare in the weld pile. New set of 5 245/75R17 Bridgestone Duelers A/T for $185!! They are everywhere for the taking. Some start out asking crazy , but soon realize there are an abundance out there. Blows my mind people taking off perfectly good and all to often new tires and rims and buying fancy!

3BFBE1D9-17B8-43BA-B224-41DB82694E2D.jpeg

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every tire I have bought, since '06, was new takeoffs.

I would talk to the new hires. Within 6 months of getting hired, most were buying a new vehicle. The next check, new tires and rims. At one time I had 3 sets of tires for my pick up.

People do some stupid stuff.

Daughter needed tires, found a set on Craigslist in Duncan. Talking with the guy, he bought a Mustang to surprise his daughter on her 16th birthday. She was whining she didn't like the rims. Her grandmother bought her new rims and tires. Surprised they didn't leave the others at the tire shop. I got 4 new BULLET rims and Nitto tires for $200, because he didn't want them in his garage.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Make sure brakes will clear before buying. Just FYI

Latest posts

Top Bottom