Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the look of them. I have 19’s on my maxima and on my wife’s Enclave. This last time I put new ones on my maxima and went to discount tire. I got some tires called Ohtsu. They are made by Sumitomo. It was less than $600 to have them installed, balanced and with road hazard warranty! So far they have been excellent. They ride really well. I’ve had them about two years now. My dad is retired from Dayton tire and he gets a 35% discount on Bridgestone, Firestone and Dayton tires. But I hate having to go to the city to have them installed. Even with his discount for my maxima it was gonna be more than what I got at discount tire. I will be going back when my wife needs new ones.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats the truth. I wish I could go with 17s on my silverado, but 90% of 17s wont clear my brakes.
Not the tire, it's the inside diameter of the wheel. I also have a buddy that deals with new car take offs. He sells a lot of them if anybody is interested. Some with wheels some without.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not the tire, it's the inside diameter of the wheel. I also have a buddy that deals with new car take offs. He sells a lot of them if anybody is interested. Some with wheels some without.
Right. Tire size has nothing to do with brakes/wheel clearance. I was just saying I can’t downsize my wheels because my brakes make it difficult.

I may be interested in talking to your buddy down the road. For the time I’m taken care of though.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My daughter’s Jeep Compass has an odd tire size that the tire shops around here don’t carry, and I’ve been buying used tires off eBay from a huge tire shop in Chicago. So far, I’ve been really happy.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Either tirerack.com or discounttire.com (can't remember which) has a tire ratio calculator that you can go up or down in tire size that still fits on your current wheels to find a more popular sized tire. Only thing it changes would be the mpg or speedometer slightly. Just don't get too drastic or you'll run into fitment issues and rubbing the fender wells.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Either tirerack.com or discounttire.com (can't remember which) has a tire ratio calculator that you can go up or down in tire size that still fits on your current wheels to find a more popular sized tire. Only thing it changes would be the mpg or speedometer slightly. Just don't get too drastic or you'll run into fitment issues and rubbing the fender wells.

https://tiresize.com/converter/

Latest posts

Top Bottom