Tisas SDS 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 167279 View attachment 167280 View attachment 167281 View attachment 167282

Does anybody have any experience with the SDS 1911s made in Turkey? I have the itch for a new 1911 and was planning on getting a Ruger but then I saw these on Armslist and they seem to have really good reviews. And the price seems too good to be true.

I can understand being able to get a good price fire arm out of turkey just for the simple fact that they have lousy wages and are probably on a pay scale less than Mexico. If the pay is still as lousy is in the mid-80s a soldier over there was only making around 50 bucks a month. So a 400 $500 gun out of turkey would be about the equivalent of a $1500 $2000 gun here in the US or at least that’s the logic I’m using. I’m just wondering if it is decent quality. I know the stuff coming out of the Philippines like the RIA are bottom of the barrel. But these are along the same price range

They have stainless steel and blued pistols in there in the mid $400s range. They even have a G.I. model that comes in under $400.

Anyways I want to know if anybody has one and what they think of it. Are they nice and tight, how did they shoot, is the trigger any good?

I’m going to post a few pictures for you guys to look at that aren’t familiar with them but they are looking really tempting. Even have a couple that look like the cult and 45s with a lower Picatinny rail. Barrel lengths of 5 inch and 4.25.

I’m going to post a few pictures for you guys to look at that aren’t familiar with them but they are looking really tempting. They even have a couple that look like the colt and 45s with the lower Picatinny rail

I don't have that specific model, but but I do have a Tisa ZigM1911 that I bought a few years ago. Love it! I was at the Lik in 1983-1985. 186Turkish Lira to the dollar. Wife and I took my neighbor and his wife to dinner at the Sultan, most expensive restaurant in Adana, taxi from the base and back, fanciest dinner on the menu, and we had ice cream at the Baskin Robbins on base afterwards all for a $20 bill. The Turkish Colonel who ran the air base was making $300 a month, and considered rich. The guy how ran Sears in Ripoff Alley was also making about $300 a month. They were considered rich. Loaf of bread in town was a dime. A kilo of fresh cherries was 50 cents. A skilled carpenter was making about 375 Lira a day.

When I saw the thing, it was priced $375. Took it out of the box, and shook it. Dad had a couple of former GI 1911's probably built from spare parts. They rattled, but shot just fine. This one didn't rattle. I've had it for about 4 years now. Not shot it a lot, but it has digested everything I've put through it. If you're a shooter not a collector, I think you'll love the Tisas, too.

Gunanddoglover

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great guns for the money. I had a GI blued 1911 that was a good shooter for $325. It had a better trigger than the Springfield I had prior and would eat any ammo I fed it. If you get one throw out the factory mag and use quality Colt, Wilson mags.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have that specific model, but but I do have a Tisa ZigM1911 that I bought a few years ago. Love it! I was at the Lik in 1983-1985. 186Turkish Lira to the dollar. Wife and I took my neighbor and his wife to dinner at the Sultan, most expensive restaurant in Adana, taxi from the base and back, fanciest dinner on the menu, and we had ice cream at the Baskin Robbins on base afterwards all for a $20 bill. The Turkish Colonel who ran the air base was making $300 a month, and considered rich. The guy how ran Sears in Ripoff Alley was also making about $300 a month. They were considered rich. Loaf of bread in town was a dime. A kilo of fresh cherries was 50 cents. A skilled carpenter was making about 375 Lira a day.

When I saw the thing, it was priced $375. Took it out of the box, and shook it. Dad had a couple of former GI 1911's probably built from spare parts. They rattled, but shot just fine. This one didn't rattle. I've had it for about 4 years now. Not shot it a lot, but it has digested everything I've put through it. If you're a shooter not a collector, I think you'll love the Tisas, too.
I’m really liking mine. I had saw a listing on arms list for the GI models. Was liking how they looked but wasn’t wanting another GI configured 1911. Found a little research on the company I was surprised I hadn’t heard of them before. I’m always scrolling online gun stores an somehow missed these for the last 6 plus years. Anyways I saw their other 1911 models that they offered and the upgrades didn’t cost an arm and a leg for them over the plain GI. Yes. I’m enjoying it so far.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great guns for the money. I had a GI blued 1911 that was a good shooter for $325. It had a better trigger than the Springfield I had prior and would eat any ammo I fed it. If you get one throw out the factory mag and use quality Colt, Wilson mags.
Have problems with the Mecgar mag it came with?

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with the factory mag yet. I've only put 100 rounds through mine thus far though, all of it through the factory mag.

Dangerousways

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
20200730_110221.jpg

Almost got it. Just like the old days

Last edited: