Tisas SDS 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a RIA comander model. I thought it was good quality functional gun.

I don't like Turkey's political policys and ties to terrorist organizations. So I don't buy them.
Turkey under Erdogan really does suck. Turkey is regressing back into time. My father did an isolated tour in the 80s in turkey and really enjoyed it back then. It has definitely changed since then

neokshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 167279 View attachment 167280 View attachment 167281 View attachment 167282

Does anybody have any experience with the SDS 1911s made in Turkey? I have the itch for a new 1911 and was planning on getting a Ruger but then I saw these on Armslist and they seem to have really good reviews. And the price seems too good to be true.

I can understand being able to get a good price fire arm out of turkey just for the simple fact that they have lousy wages and are probably on a pay scale less than Mexico. If the pay is still as lousy is in the mid-80s a soldier over there was only making around 50 bucks a month. So a 400 $500 gun out of turkey would be about the equivalent of a $1500 $2000 gun here in the US or at least that’s the logic I’m using. I’m just wondering if it is decent quality. I know the stuff coming out of the Philippines like the RIA are bottom of the barrel. But these are along the same price range

They have stainless steel and blued pistols in there in the mid $400s range. They even have a G.I. model that comes in under $400.

Anyways I want to know if anybody has one and what they think of it. Are they nice and tight, how did they shoot, is the trigger any good?

I’m going to post a few pictures for you guys to look at that aren’t familiar with them but they are looking really tempting. Even have a couple that look like the cult and 45s with a lower Picatinny rail. Barrel lengths of 5 inch and 4.25.

I’m going to post a few pictures for you guys to look at that aren’t familiar with them but they are looking really tempting. They even have a couple that look like the colt and 45s with the lower Picatinny rail
I don't have any experience with their 1911's but I do have with their Hi Power 9mm. It's nothing but good. Mine is a stainless one and,
forgive me in advance, I'd put it up against any Browning. I have handled a Tisas 1911. It was a compact model in the black finish. I loved the finish and the gun looked to me like it would be as good quality as my Hi Power. I don't think you could go wrong.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have any experience with their 1911's but I do have with their Hi Power 9mm. It's nothing but good. Mine is a stainless one and,
forgive me in advance, I'd put it up against any Browning. I have handled a Tisas 1911. It was a compact model in the black finish. I loved the finish and the gun looked to me like it would be as good quality as my Hi Power. I don't think you could go wrong.
Thanks for the input. I couldn’t talk myself out of it so I ordered a stainless tisas 1911 from Aim surplus this morning. Can’t wait

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Post pictures
Post pictures
I will. Had to re-confirm my FFL dealer. On the checkout process I had selected my preferred FFL dealer and for some reason it didn’t stick so I had to just call them up and let them know who to send it to. They said it’ll be out today. I ended up going with aims surplus. So hopefully in a few days it’ll show up and I’ll get the call. Then I’ll post some pictures. I didn’t go with the standard GI model. I already have a few 15 year old Thompson 1911s. I wanted a stainless steel one For carrying with modern sights. Unfortunately none of the railed ones were available. I ended up opting for a stainless steel one without the rails.

Last edited:

BlindOne

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will. Had to re-confirm my FFL dealer. On the checkout process I had selected my preferred FFL dealer and for some reason it didn’t stick so I had to just call them up and let them know who to send it to. They said it’ll be out today. I ended up going with aims surplus. So hopefully in a few days it’ll show up and I’ll get the call. Then I’ll post some pictures. I didn’t go with the standard GI model. I already have a few 15 year old Thompson 1911s. I wanted a stainless steel one For carrying with modern sights. Unfortunately none of the raider ones were available. I ended up opting for a stainless steel one without the rails.
Good choice, I think they look better w/o rails. I guess I’m just old school.:)

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I gave in to temptation today.

IMG_7231.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk