To appendix carry, or not to appendix carry. That is the question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

ArmedCivy

I've been thinking about moving from my hip, with my crossbreed, to an appendix carry. I'm planning on carrying a full size pistol, well more like the size of a glock 19, in this fashion. Here are a couple of reasons for and against in my mind, at this ime.

For: Quicker Draw, less pant droopage in the rear, less potential for accidentally flashing when bending down (the gun, not the crack), look like a full on gangsta!

Against: Belly interference!, uncomfortable while sitting, bathroom break issues (would the urinal be out of the question?), look like a full on gangsta!

For those that appendix carry, can you give me some feed back on your experience, thoughts, and what brand of holster you run that works!

Keep in mind i'm a bigger guy 6'0" 250 so that will probably play a part.

Thanks guys and gals.

Last edited:

Blue Baby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
5' 8" about 180, not much of a belly. I appendix carry and have for a couple of years with a SR9c. I've had crossbreeds, shoulders holsters, thunderwear and OWB. Of those appendix is my favorite. IMO I conceal better that way.

I posted pics in a thread awhile back: HERE

EDIT: adding holster link: High Noon

Last edited:

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I moved to appendix carry about 1 1/2 years ago. I carry a Kahr K9 or P380. My holster is just a Looper leather medium IWB and small IWB. These are the one size fits all holsters they make. I had to modify them both to make the perfect fit for each and wear them for a while to sweat em in. But now they are both very comfortable now. I am 6'4" 220 and the longer the barrel the more uncomfortable it is sitting. Urinals are no problem. I just grip the pistol with my jeans while I take a leak. The belly interference could be an issue. I have a little bit of that, but it actually helps to conceal it better. When I am at 205(summer weight) it will print in the wind, but not at 220(winter weight). It is the most comfortable way to carry for me and I do think that access in certain situations is easier. In the car, not so much. I would prefer 4 o' clock in the car, but that is the trade off.

M1380

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a G26 appendix. I have found that a thin leather holster is the most comfortable. For me it also needs to be a straight drop and lower riding. I use a Highnoon Mr. Softy.

With a full sized pistol it might be uncomfortable sitting carrying appendix. using a urinal isn't a problem for me as I don't carry at 12 o'clock but instead at about 1 o'clock.

http://highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/_Mr_Softy/_mr_softy.html

Lithiumokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have tried the appendix before with a number of guns and never could feel right. I ended up right about 4:30. That seems to be my magic hiding spot for anything from my G36 to G22.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've given it a go myself with a variety of handguns, but like my man Lithium above, it just never felt right. IWB at 3:30'ish works best for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom