Todays range experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesB

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually go to the range early so I don’t have to interact with a lot of people. My experience today. I have paper set up at 50,100&200 shooting my Bergara HMR 308, couple groups of folks show up and young guy starts shooting across lanes at my paper .. WTF are you doing🤦🏻‍♂️ I’m literally shooting tight groups and I’m like hey what the hell? .. then I notice guy messing with an AK (I’m an AK guy) so I’m like hey do you need help he says he’s never shot it before and can’t get the mag in. I look and it’s a Norinco mac90 lol I take it apart real quick and this thing is bone dry. I lube it up give a little advise and gun works perfectly. Not even a thank you and he start mag dumping. Maybe I’m getting anti social now a days but come on people .. I pack my stuff and tell the young fella you should ask before blasting away at other people’s targets and he looks at me with a bewildered look like I was crazy or something. Range day over for me.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had similar instances. One 25-30 years ago when i was down range. The guy started shooting his AR at the target next to mine. I turned around and screamed at him. He smiled and fired a few more rounds. By the time I got back to the firing line he jumped in his truck and was speeding off. I wish someone had been there to see what he had done.
I now go with someone and make sure they stay back to observe others.

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I usually go to the range early so I don’t have to interact with a lot of people. My experience today. I have paper set up at 50,100&200 shooting my Bergara HMR 308, couple groups of folks show up and young guy starts shooting across lanes at my paper .. WTF are you doing🤦🏻‍♂️ I’m literally shooting tight groups and I’m like hey what the hell? .. then I notice guy messing with an AK (I’m an AK guy) so I’m like hey do you need help he says he’s never shot it before and can’t get the mag in. I look and it’s a Norinco mac90 lol I take it apart real quick and this thing is bone dry. I lube it up give a little advise and gun works perfectly. Not even a thank you and he start mag dumping. Maybe I’m getting anti social now a days but come on people .. I pack my stuff and tell the young fella you should ask before blasting away at other people’s targets and he looks at me with a bewildered look like I was crazy or something. Range day over for me.
That happened to me at Fouled Bore. We were there early and a couple guys show up and just start shooting my target. They looked like dumb ass's so since I was about done I just packed up and left. The range I shoot at in Duncan is members only and I've met none but nice folks.

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had similar instances. One 25-30 years ago when i was down range. The guy started shooting his AR at the target next to mine. I turned around and screamed at him. He smiled and fired a few more rounds. By the time I got back to the firing line he jumped in his truck and was speeding off. I wish someone had been there to see what he had done.
I now go with someone and make sure they stay back to observe others.
Dayum. That would be a good way for the other guy to get dead.

I've heard stories of that happening and of them stealing guns while you're down range.. If I'm alone I always hang my targets before I take the rifle out and down to the line.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dayum. That would be a good way for the other guy to get dead.

I've heard stories of that happening and of them stealing guns while you're down range.. If I'm alone I always hang my targets before I take the rifle out and down to the line.
I was completely outgunned. I was down range with no firearm and my rifle back at the line was an unloaded Ruger 10/22. I also now carry my CCW on me when I am down range. Not that it would do me any good at 50 yard against a rifle.
I also now belong to a private range and have great folks to shoot with.

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was completely outgunned. I was down range with no firearm and my rifle back at the line was an unloaded Ruger 10/22. I also now carry my CCW on me when I am down range. Not that it would do me any good at 50 yard against a rifle.
I also now belong to a private range and have great folks to shoot with.
Life is too short to shoot with stupid people.

JamesB

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is why I'm thankful I have my own land to shoot on.
What absolutely amazed me is this guy had a Norinco mac90 he never shot lol had no clue how to operate it, take it apart or lube it. And thought the gun was the issue. It about 3 minutes I had running, loaded and cycling perfectly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom